KALE: Tate Grande?

Well, I just received my bag. The color is amazing, the leather is gorgeous, I love the hot pink interior...

BUT, it is really big. Really, really large. I have to think about it. I can not imagine using this as an every day bag. More like a weekend bag or travel bag.

I immediately called Melinda. I have spoken with her quite a few times over the months. She is wonderful and patient. She is going to a meeting so I will call her tomorrow to further discuss this. Maybe I will feel differently about it in the morning.

J- my camera isn't working or else I would have taken a picture. Maybe Grace will be able to take a pic or Beaux can tomorrow.

It's HERE! It's BIG and oh, is it ever GORGEOUS! The leather is fabulous and it's not nearly as heavy as I feared. I think it's because the leather is so divine! The pockets in front are semi-usable, but don't zip. I don't think I'd put anything too valuable in them.

Melinda enclosed a 20% off code for another purchase, good through Dec., '07.'

It's a keeper, girls. Right in fashion for this fall and for a long time.

How wonderful! :nuts:

If we have time tonight, I'll get my hubby to model it. He's SO good at this! LOL Otherwise, in the am.

It IS big..but I do love it. I'm going to keep it because I never use any bag on a regular basis, so this will be another one to use in my rotation.

Plus I'll be truly stylin' this fall when everyone is carrying a suitcase as a handbag. :graucho:

It's HERE! It's BIG and oh, is it ever GORGEOUS! The leather is fabulous and it's not nearly as heavy as I feared. I think it's because the leather is so divine! The pockets in front are semi-usable, but don't zip. I don't think I'd put anything too valuable in them.

Melinda enclosed a 20% off code for another purchase, good through Dec., '07.'

It's a keeper, girls. Right in fashion for this fall and for a long time.

^Oh my goodness is that color ever TDF!!! If you have a moment i'd love to see a photo of you carrying it (it can be from the neck down if you don't want to post your face - which I totally understand). I'd just love to see it on a real person. Not a 6 foot tall model that weighs 96 pounds!
So are you going to use it as an everyday bag - or a weekender? I'm really scared it's too big after reading Judy's description...:sad:

I don't mean to frighten anyone. I guess I am not used to carrying such big bags. I haven't been able to play around with it yet. When I spoke with Melinda briefly, she mentioned that the bag was the favorite of all the magazine editors. So I guess it's popular.

I have to see what Melinda says tomorrow and also how I feel.

I don't mean to frighten anyone. I guess I am not used to carrying such big bags. I haven't been able to play around with it yet. When I spoke with Melinda briefly, she mentioned that the bag was the favorite of all the magazine editors. So I guess it's popular.

I have to see what Melinda says tomorrow and also how I feel.

I have the regular Tate and it's big-so the grande must be huge! I looked at the photos online from shopbop-and it looks to be bigger than I'd want...so Judie I know how you feel!

^^This is why I was hoping that Grace (or her husband) would take a photo holding the bag. I don't trust how bags look on models. (My apologies Grace if you're a model-type!)
I want to see how it looks on a "real person"!

You know, I have to confirm that the Grande was the editors top choice. Maybe it was just the Tate. However, I don't really care if this is the editors top choice, I need a bag that I love and suits my needs!!!

Melinda has been very wonderful each time I have spoken with her or emailed her. I know she wants all her customers to be happy.

The color and the leather is amazing!!! It's just too big for me :sad:

Here we go. Hubby is a rather unwilling model tonight. He wants to watch TV but I hope this helps.

I can see why its a fav with fashion editors though, lots of room to carry all you need in a day. Even though I certainly don't NEED a bag this large for my day to day life, I love it. So it's staying!

Attachments

• Kale4.jpg
    Kale4.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 115
Awww Grace, your husband is a sweetie. :yes:

I have to say though, the bag looks a lot bigger on me. I wish my camera was working so I could show you guys. Grrrrr!!!!

Grace, I am so happy that you like it!!! I was looking on the site and I am now leaning towards a mason II atlhough the price is a bit higher :sad: I don't care at this point, I want a bag that I will use and love.

I can see editors carryin this bag in NYC, since NYers tend to carry big bags anyway. You can certainly fit your lap top, your magazine, your competitors magazines, a change of clothes, a pair or two of Manolos, your assistant :roflmfao:

No, I don't want to make fun of the bag. Sure, it's large, hence the name Tate Grande, but the craftmanship and leather and everything else- tdf. I love the pink lining- wonderful!!!!!

Well hubby is 6'3 and around 240. :P I can imagine he's slightly bigger than you. :roflmfao:

I have to have my thyroid out in a few weeks, so I plan on this being my hospital bag. Also, my sisters and I take a few overnighters together sometimes and this may come in handy too for those.