Juste Un Clou JUC Bracelet Sizing thread

Yes, I did measure at my wrist bone: non-dominant is 13cm & dominant 13.5cm.

I think even when the sizing of the wrist is done correctly, you have to factor in that people have different wrist/arm shapes that'll make the bracelet fit & look differently.
My love size would be a 15, so JUC would be a 14. TBH, I don't want to pay premium for a bracelet with lesser amount of gold.
The feel is fine, it does move more but doesn't really bother me knowing that it wouldn't slide off my hand even if I apply force. Also, you're absolutely right about not settling for a love & taking time to get used to the look as I've always gravitated towards link/chain bracelets, never bothered with bangle type because I don't do well with them.
Thank you for your response! Although I prefer the tight fit because of my line of work, I THINK :lol: I've reached a decision of keeping it. When I'm not obsessing about it not being tight enough, I catch myself liking the loose look.

View attachment 4829829

View attachment 4829830

My SA said they may release JUC in size 14 next year.

Reactions: hhw and mirame007
Yes, I did measure at my wrist bone: non-dominant is 13cm & dominant 13.5cm.

I think even when the sizing of the wrist is done correctly, you have to factor in that people have different wrist/arm shapes that'll make the bracelet fit & look differently.
My love size would be a 15, so JUC would be a 14. TBH, I don't want to pay premium for a bracelet with lesser amount of gold.
The feel is fine, it does move more but doesn't really bother me knowing that it wouldn't slide off my hand even if I apply force. Also, you're absolutely right about not settling for a love & taking time to get used to the look as I've always gravitated towards link/chain bracelets, never bothered with bangle type because I don't do well with them.
Thank you for your response! Although I prefer the tight fit because of my line of work, I THINK :lol: I've reached a decision of keeping it. When I'm not obsessing about it not being tight enough, I catch myself liking the loose look.

View attachment 4829829

View attachment 4829830

Nice photos. I do like the looser fit too in general. I like bracelets that can go 1/3 way down my arm. That's my private rule. To me, it feels less constricting, and more casual.

Some people prefer maybe one size down, but to me, I find that "suffocating"? I like all my jewelry kind of loose.

These are two inspirational pics about my 1/3 idea.

meghan-love-bracelet_large.jpg

ba902da7a9d1cadf10fc95efe604edaa.jpg

Nice photos. I do like the looser fit too in general. I like bracelets that can go 1/3 way down my arm. That's my private rule. To me, it feels less constricting, and more casual.

Some people prefer maybe one size down, but to me, I find that "suffocating"? I like all my jewelry kind of loose.

These are two inspirational pics about my 1/3 idea.

View attachment 4831093

View attachment 4831094

In my head, since I’m very petite, a loose fit would make it look like the jewelry is wearing me & not the other way around.:lol:

I could see what you’re saying. The loose fit does give off a relaxed, casual & more feminine vibe.

I just realized that I prefer this look from your response. So thank you for that input & taking the time to reply. The pictures helped a lot too. :heart:

In my head, since I’m very petite, a loose fit would make it look like the jewelry is wearing me & not the other way around.:lol:

I could see what you’re saying. The loose fit does give off a relaxed, casual & more feminine vibe.

I just realized that I prefer this look from your response. So thank you for that input & taking the time to reply. The pictures helped a lot too. :heart:

:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: Of course. Happy to help. Just sharing my 2 cents on the way I pick my jewelry.

Reactions: mirame007
Hello everyone,

I bought the regular JUC just a couple of days ago in size 15, however, I feel its a bit small (though there is some movement).
My wrist is 14.5cm, and while 15 fits alright, I like my bracelets slightly looser.
I tried the 16 and while it felt ok (slightly bigger), my SA discouraged me strongly and said I should definitely go with 15.
I do not stack my bangles/bracelets much, but would definitely want the option if I decide to stack with a love or thin love later.
I already have a thin JUC in size 15 and feel that I should have gone with 16 in that. However, the look and feel of the regular JUC is quite different in comparison so I am quite confused. Attaching some pictures for comparison.

If your wrist is 14.5cm, and you wear a size 16 JUC, could you please share pictures?
Does it feel uncomfortable?
I am unsure if 16 will be too big and feel uncomfortable?
Any help on this will be greatly appreciated!
Thank you!

Here are some pictures for comparison - does 16 look too big?

1. Size 15 and 16
IMG_0993.JPG

IMG_0993.JPG
IMG_0992 (1).jpg

2. Size 16:
IMG_1002.jpg
IMG_1001.jpg

3. Regular and Thin JUC Size 15:
IMG_0984.jpg

4. Size 15:
IMG_0998.jpg
IMG_0997.jpg

IMG_0990.JPG

Reactions: 111111
I personally like how the 16 looks on you. My wrist is also 14.5cm and the SA was pushing the love in size 16 when I was scared it was too tight. I ended up going with the size 17 and have no regrets. I like how it goes up my arm more! When I get a JUC, I will get size 16 since the JUC is supposed to be one size smaller than your love.

On a side note, I feel like SA’s will always tell us to choose the smaller size because it’s less gold and more profit haha. If you like the way the 16 fits, don’t listen to the SA and get the size you want.

Last edited:
I personally like how the 16 looks on you. My wrist is also 14.5cm and the SA was pushing the love in size 16 when I was scared it was too loose. I ended up going with the size 17 and have no regrets. I like how it goes up my arm more! When I get a JUC, I will get size 16 since the JUC is supposed to be one size smaller than your love.

On a side note, I feel like SA’s will always tell us to choose the smaller size because it’s less gold and more profit haha. If you like the way the 16 fits, don’t listen to the SA and get the size you want.

Thank you - I also like the bracelet to have some movement and go up a bit further on my arm... 15 does that to some extent but I think 16 would be better - only hesitation is would the 16 stick out from the sides - would you be able to share pictures of your Love bracelet? Do you feel it sticks out too much on the side?

Thanks, I didn't see that thread - its the exact dilemma, except I have tried both and still not sure. I believe most people with 14.5 wrist size end up getting size 15. I am leaning towards 16 but hesitant because I would not want it to look too big... wondering if anyone with 14.5 wrist has had a size 16 JUC for a while, and how they are liking it now...

It definitely sticks out on the side when it’s at the the smallest part of my wrist, but it never stays on that part of my wrist for long. If you’re worried about scratches from it sticking out, I would say that because the bracelet can go down your arm more, you’re avoiding a lot of the scratches that come from typing on the computer!

Also, I got the love in a looser fit because I plan to wear it 24/7. I know the JUC can be removed, so if you plan to take it off the comfort factor associated with a bigger size may not matter as much to you as it did to me.

45048FA9-A9A3-4BD9-8EC6-0173965F4FCA.jpeg

4F02A9AC-3715-41E5-9E70-81371708B606.jpeg

75B4A356-8C7B-45CF-896F-527BD278D781.jpeg

Reactions: baggingthebag
It definitely sticks out on the side when it’s at the the smallest part of my wrist, but it never stays on that part of my wrist for long. If you’re worried about scratches from it sticking out, I would say that because the bracelet can go down your arm more, you’re avoiding a lot of the scratches that come from typing on the computer!

Also, I got the love in a looser fit because I plan to wear it 24/7. I know the JUC can be removed, so if you plan to take it off the comfort factor associated with a bigger size may not matter as much to you as it did to me.

View attachment 4836051

View attachment 4836052

View attachment 4836053
Thank you so much for sharing your pictures - your bracelet fits perfectly in my opinion!
I like to wear my bangles and bracelets the same way - slightly looser as I like them to go further up my arm, and push them up while working on the laptop. I don't mind the scratches as long as the bracelet is comfortable, and does not look too big.

I will go back to the boutique and try 16 again.
The SA said 16 does not look like my size and more like a hand-me-down from mom or someone else (which wouldn't have been too bad, honestly!:smile:)

Reactions: trf
Thank you so much for sharing your pictures - your bracelet fits perfectly in my opinion!
I like to wear my bangles and bracelets the same way - slightly looser as I like them to go further up my arm, and push them up while working on the laptop. I don't mind the scratches as long as the bracelet is comfortable, and does not look too big.

I will go back to the boutique and try 16 again.
The SA said 16 does not look like my size and more like a hand-me-down from mom or someone else (which wouldn't have been too bad, honestly!:smile:)

Omg, how rude haha! I would go back and try it on with a different SA. When I first tried on bracelets, i had a younger SA and she told me 16 in the love was the perfect fit and that she wouldn’t feel comfortable selling me the 17. I then went to another store where my SA had been working at Cartier for 18 years and she told me to get the 17 since she has seen so many clients grow out of their bracelets as they get older and have kids (I’m in my mid-twenties). Either way, the sales associate should be respective of the decision you make imo.

Also, @luxstina on IG has a 17 love and 16 small JUC. Check out her pics for reference on the size! Her love fits loose like mine so she probably has a similar wrist to us.