Just Ordered Jet Setter Jr. - Question

ranirob

O.G.
May 3, 2006
I just ordered my Foley+Corinna Jet Setter Jr. in the glazed black. It was $492.00 at Von Maur, and the SA said it was very soft, not shiny and quite vintage looking with the distressing of the cracks in the leather. I was wondering if I should have gone with just the regular, matte leather. What do you all think between the quality of the two? Thank you!

I've never seen the matte one, but I have the glazed brown one and I think the leather is very nice. The distressing gives it a bit of an edge I guess...like, it's a very sophisticated bag and the "glaze" gives it that "I've used this bag forever" look. Hopefully that makes sense to you :biggrin:

Well I do not actually have the bag yet. I ordered it yesterday, but I was reading other threads about the leather and everyone seems to just love the regular black.

Well it's a decision you have to make...I mean, matte black is just black, you know? It depends on the look you're going for. I know some people have had issues with the glazed leather on the AC city bags, but I'm not sure if it has been a problem on the jet setters. I know mine is fine!

What's the return policy like at the place you ordered from? Would you be able to return this one for a matte black one if you don't like the glazed?

I ordered from a department store in Chicago call Von Maur. Their return policy is excellent. I guess I will wait to see what it is like and decide. I was just wondering what other Jet Setter Jr. owners thought of the different leathers, as I am sure that they had to decide between the two as well. I just have never seen either in person. Thank you!

If you prefer buttery soft leather, the matte black is probably better. The glazed is more textured and distressed looking, but can feel "dry". Just depends what you want, either way you can't go wrong.

Well I am used to the Balenciaga leather that is sooooft but also distressed and somewhat veiny. That is why I went with the glazed. However I love SOFT leather, so now I am confused. I do not like pebbled leather though and from the pictures on the web sites it seems as if the black looks like pebbled leather. The other colors do not, but the matte black one definitely does not looked distressed like the other matte colors. HMMMM

Well I am used to the Balenciaga leather that is sooooft but also distressed and somewhat veiny. That is why I went with the glazed. However I love SOFT leather, so now I am confused. I do not like pebbled leather though and from the pictures on the web sites it seems as if the black looks like pebbled leather. The other colors do not, but the matte black one definitely does not looked distressed like the other matte colors. HMMMM

That's the thing, AC leather can really vary - some people's bags are distressed but also soft, others are distressed but dry. The "pebbles" on the matte aren't huge like the older style Dooney & Bourke bags (the only ones I can think to compare to, sorry), it's more subtle. The glazed AC leather is unfortunately not comparable to Balenciaga bag (it's not bad, but it's not the same). You could always buy from a reputable site online with a good return policy?

Hi there,

I think you made a great decision. I have the black glazed and absolutely love it. It's gorgeous and soft with just that lovely extra bit of shine (which in my opinion, only makes this bag look more polished and beautiful). I just returned from Nordstrom and the SA's in the handbag department were all over it :smile: It really is such a stunning bag.

The black glazed leather makes it a bit more special. I think it kind of elevates the bag. The matte black is pebbly, but very soft. The leathers do vary with each of her bags...I guess it's what makes Anna Corinna leathers so unique. I have the jetsetter jr in Tobacco, and the leather is "dry", but I like its textured vintage feel. I have the glazed black in the mini city and wouldn't have had it any other way. Can't wait to see pics when you get it!

i just realized, you mentioned your leather being not shiny, but it is crackled. i'm not sure if these are the same as i've seen both a glazed= shiny, as well as a crackled version on many websites. and then there is the regular pebbled leather. maybe i am just confused :confused1: