Just ordered a wallet from BrandAlley, assumed would be genuine...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TrashedBride

per aspera ad astra
O.G.
May 27, 2009
...then went down a Google rabbit hole and discovered that they're known to sell fakes.

I read about BA on The Guardian a while a go so assumed that if the Guardian endorsed it, it would be fine. Now I'm concerned - I've never bought a fake from anywhere before, it'd be just my luck to have done so from what I thought was a legit site as opposed to from eBay!

What's worse is I can't find this style anywhere which is really getting my spideysenses tingling. Everything else they have looks legit, as in, a recognizable style. Have I picked the one dodgy item?!

Already trying to work out how to stop the PayPal payment going through...

If anyone has anything positive to say about BA, or the wallet I've ordered, PLEASE come and put my mind at rest!

18316384-1.jpg

18316384-2.jpg

Reactions: cypr
I have to say I have used Brandalley a couple of times and all the items (Mulberry & Longchamp) have been authentic. A couple of the Mulberry bags have come directly from Mulberry, which made me question how Brandalley works! I have a PF friend who had an experience of receiving a used bag and I think 24shaz has also had an experience but personally i haven’t come across anyone who has experienced receiving fake items. I am interested to read the articles you found!

Without seeing your item I wouldn’t know if it’s fake or authentic but I think it’s graffiti/urban graffiti? One of the experts here may be able to help if you pop it in the authentication thread.

Last edited:
Reactions: cypr and 24shaz
My bad experience was 5 or more years ago - I ordered a Love Moschino bag and, while authentic, it was clearly a second with dodgy leather, this had not been mentioned anywhere on the listing. I didn’t know BA had a reputation for selling fakes, but just had a peek at reviews on Trustpilot and they’re fairly awful, they have an overall rating of one star. I personally would avoid this site, ask PayPal to cancel your transaction if you can.

I think some people post their review without looking at the company details properly or they use the first they see. I have seen it with another company that was getting negative reviews which were meant for another. It does look like the French website but they are def talking about UK aren’t they?!

I’ve just remembered I have had one ‘negative’ experience. I bought a Longchamp with didn’t arrive. Infact it didn’t leave the warehouse after it was assigned a RM tracking number. I got in touch and I was refunded straight away.

Yeah, I think you’re right, people have made the same mistake as me & not realised it’s BA France.

back to the original question - Mulberry definitely did do a pouch in that style - I remember thinking it looked like an LV key cles - perhaps the authenticators might be able to help, if there are more pictures on the site?

Status
Not open for further replies.