Just how "classic" is my classic flap?

NHLgirl004

May 22, 2007
Hi Ladies!
Purchased this beauty, but now I'm having second thoughts. I wanted a nice classic flap (for evening), but wasn't expecting the price difference for this version. The SA said it was the only one left in the boutique and specifics as to what made it different were vague. BTW, the chain is TDF! Can anyone enlighten me? Thanks!

Attachments

• Photo1.jpg
    Photo1.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 183
  • photo2.jpg
    photo2.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 92
  • photo3.jpg
    photo3.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 104
  • photo4.jpg
    photo4.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 69
I think it is very classic and beautiful. The only time I don't find the classic flap to be truly "classic" is when it has the perforated leather or the baby animal print or something of that nature. Your bag is stunning... though I can't comment about the price difference.

I had second thoughts about my classic too. It was a white jumbo...I never carried it around and when I pay that much for a bag I want to carry it everyday you know? So I sold it and a GST is on it's way...it just fits me better.

is that the black metallic?

I saw that with the dark silver metallic in timeless classic miniflap when I was in miami this past week...very cute!!

I have it I LOVE it, you can dress it up or dress it down, wear it with jeans and a tank top (Red) would look beautiful, I know price was crazy! It is a very different and Gorgeous bag so enjoy it!:heart::heart::heart:

I have this in dark silver. This bag is TDF ... Although you are right. The price difference is a bit extreme. I paid about the same price after tax. It's lovely and still very classic to me.

I can not believe how incredibly wonderful you all are! So helpful -- its awesome! :heart:
It was described to me as a "crushed" patent leather, lambskin - which is how the look is created. In the light, it shimmers (hence the metallic), but the feel is a bit rough. On the fence, nonetheless.

I love my classics and Im sure they can be used forever, but truth is, if I saw someone with a classic flap about 5 or 6 years ago, I'd have though it looked like an older woman's bag. I hope the flap craze lives on, another words, the celebs keep using it. Telling myself its "a classic bag" does make me feel better though. lol.

I think it's a gorgeous bag, but I also think that it's a lot of money to pay for a bag that you don't love, love, love...kwim? You might find that a classic flap in the caviar or lambskin would be more classic for you...

Perhaps if you carry it around the house and try it on with a few different outfits, you might get a better sense of how well it works with your wardbrobe and how lasting it will be for you and your style. :yes: ;)

Good luck!!!

I love this bag and I find it really stunning and special! the leather is crushed metallic nubuck and the chain is a true jewel!I'd keep it by all means and the price difference justifies for its uniqueness!:tup: