Just curious...celeb's and fakes...

divabeadz

Nov 1, 2006
In all honesty, I'm too new at this to be able to detect fakes but I see a lot of comments about celebrities carrying fakes and it kind of begs the question: is it at all possible these celebrities have had a special bag made for them? I don't doubt it may not be real when it's a new celebrity or a lesser known celeb...but when it's someone big or someone who is known to be loaded, why would they be carrying fakes and where would they be purchasing them? I mean, really, do some of the big name celebrities really stop off to go buy a faux LV off of a street vendor??? It just seems unrealistic to me to think that some of these celebrities are carrying fakes, perhaps I am too naive, but I would have simply assumed that the bag had been specially made for them.

Yea, I have read where Laguna Beach has so many FAKES on their show and we all know these girls can afford the real deal!!

Why celebs carry FAKES is beyond me - maybe to get attention? Who knows....interesting thought though!!

In all honesty, I'm too new at this to be able to detect fakes but I see a lot of comments about celebrities carrying fakes and it kind of begs the question: is it at all possible these celebrities have had a special bag made for them? I don't doubt it may not be real when it's a new celebrity or a lesser known celeb...but when it's someone big or someone who is known to be loaded, why would they be carrying fakes and where would they be purchasing them? I mean, really, do some of the big name celebrities really stop off to go buy a faux LV off of a street vendor??? It just seems unrealistic to me to think that some of these celebrities are carrying fakes, perhaps I am too naive, but I would have simply assumed that the bag had been specially made for them.

Some of them (hehm..Paris Hilton) definately carry fakes. I can't say where they get them but I KNOW they are fakes. Even LV has acknowledged that Miss Hilton has carried a fake. Not to say all the bags she carries are fake but she has carried at least one fake.

Also, what does money have to do with anything!?! Some of the richest people are I know are SERIOUSLY CHEAP!! :roflmfao: :roflmfao:

if the bags are mede especially for them, i think LV would have to publicize about that...u know, designers wanna have celebs use their stuff but also in return, it's advertising for them :smile:

so i don't think so, those are flat out fakes!!

Some of them (hehm..Paris Hilton) definately carry fakes. I can't say where they get them but I KNOW they are fakes. Even LV has acknowledged that Miss Hilton has carried a fake. Not to say all the bags she carries are fake but she has carried at least one fake.

Where did you see this? :confused1:

Depending on the bag and the context, the designers, including LV, may have made a special-to-order bag that may not be readily available to public.

While it's true that most celebs don't even know what a fake looks like, I would think that they would be shielded from such 'faux-pas' by their stylists and PR.

I'd like to see an instance where Paris Hilton wore a fake... :confused1:

I read that Paris likes fakes because she can just pull up to a corner, hand them a few hundred bucks and drive away with a bunch of bags. What amazes me is that none of the ones I've seen her with are even bags that were ever made. I guess though, if I was that loaded, (with money and alcohol lol) and eccentric, I might not care either (yes I would).

I'd like to see an instance where Paris Hilton wore a fake... :confused1:

Why can't I find that pic of her with that awful MC pap? Anyone have it?

My favorite picture is of Ice T's wife with him out shopping with a completely hidesous Dark Denim Manhattan. That still cracks me up.