Just bought miu miu pleated bag and having guilt! HELP!

manayiotos

Nov 4, 2007
Hi. I just picked out the Miu Miu pleated bag, in the smaller version that is like a rectangle. It has handles and a shoulder strap. I fell in love with it, oh, its dark green by the way. I totally loved it and now I am having all this doubt on whether i picked the right bag. Does anyone know which one I am talking about and can anyone reassure me that its beautiful!? I know... I am nuts but hey.... arent we all?!

I'm pretty sure I know which bag you mean -- I liked the pleated bags and saw one in the smaller size on sale in Neimans a few weeks ago and thought it looked very nice. Post a picture, model, see how it feels looking at yourself wearing it -- that can often help with indecision.

Is that the Plisse bag you bought? It's definitely nice esp the soft leather! Personally i would prefer a neutral colour or the black for easy matching. BUT to each its own. :yes:

thanks. i will try to post one later. I am getting more used to it. I think i just wanted more of an actual shoulder bag, but with this one you can easily double the strap and have it be a shoulder bag OR a cross shoulder bag or carry it top handle. So, I thnk I just have to get used to it. I am used to having something more flat under my arm and this is more of a rectangle. Definitly know what you mean about the neutral color, but go figure... the dark green actually goes with EVERYTHING. I am not kidding. I put it up to every single item in my wardrobe and it works. Black, brown, red, tan, patterns. Also, I only wear gold jewelry and this has gold hardware. Ok, so I am lessening the guilt. Why does this happen? I mean, when you buy it you just KNOW you love it and then comes all the doubt!

ok, it is the plisse bag. BUt there are a million plisse bags. This one is the smaller, rectangle shape. Not a clutch though. And mine is the dark green, which I cant find on ANY website. It has the little studded handles. I go for a sort of elegant, but edgy look and like things that look feminine and clean but with an artsy edge to them and something that looks different. Do you think this fits that?

Yes, i definitely know which one you are refering to... i nearly bought the tan color one when it went on sale here in Singapore. It's the longish one with studded handles with a long strap for sling. Since you liked it so much (based on your posts :love:) there are no reasons for you to feel guilty.

thank you. I know. I am crazy! This is my first expensive designer bag ever. And now I just want more so I guess I was just trying to find the PERFECT bag. But thats crazy right. A girl cant actually have just one. So, if you love it, you love it, and you will get more that you love and thats the end of the story no?

I think it's gorgeous.. I think they have it at styledrops.com, see if you can find it. It does have an arty edge to it, I'd love to have one! And dark green sounds really cool!

THANKS SO MUCH! I guess I just need to hear reassurances. Like I said, first big purchase like this. I always buy expensive shoes but have never been able to do it with handbags. Now I can but I have to get used to it I guess. Sometimes you feel like its wasteful, but the cheaper ones just dont feel the same do they! ok, so here is a pic of it but i still cant find the dark green anywhere. And it has a detachable long strap with gold clips on it.
miu027w-rn0479_qjh_a48_p.jpg

shim.gif
miu027w-rn0479_qjh_a48_1_p.jpg

shim.gif
miu027w-rn0479_qjh_a48_2_p.jpg

shim.gif
miu027w-rn0479_qjh_a48_3_p.jpg

Yes, that's the one, I adore that bag! No need for guilt, you should really enjoy it! Love that it can be worn cross shoulder, the pleats and gold studs at the handles does give it an arty edge. It's really cool! Enjoy it so much!

I liked that bag immediately when I first saw this style (in a picture). No, I wouldn't feel guilty. My husband even likes it, and he is picky about which handbags he likes and which he doesn't.