Just bought a Gryson Skye in Nylon, opinions please

katdva

Oct 21, 2006
I scored it for $148 at a sample sale but I have a few questions. I love the shape of the bag but:

• Does it look cheap? Nylon is not my favorite material, I wonder how well the bag is made, I hated the feel of the Target Gryson bags so I hope this is a bit nicer looking.
  • Is it appropriate for an office?
  • Would you keep it or not?
Thanks ladies!

Attachments

• 15_10001n_skye_black_004.list.jpg
    15_10001n_skye_black_004.list.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 254
I scored it for $148 at a sample sale but I have a few questions. I love the shape of the bag but:

• Does it look cheap? Nylon is not my favorite material, I wonder how well the bag is made, I hated the feel of the Target Gryson bags so I hope this is a bit nicer looking.
  • Is it appropriate for an office?
  • Would you keep it or not?
Thanks ladies!

I've got a nylon Skye and to answer your questions:
1) Does NOT look cheap at all. The bag is very well made. The zippers can be a bit tight, so you need to work it for a bit or someone else has mentioned in other threads to apply some chapstick (I think).
2) Absolutely appropriate for the office. Looks like you got the all black version.....so, it will be a staple for you.
3) For the pricepoint....it's a steal!

I would try to find out how to treat the nylon....it's not as resilient as my Prada nylon bags - that U can just wipe it clean. I have the Grey nylon /Black leather combo and there are some spots that I can see on the nylon.

Hope this helps!

Oh! Great buy!! I think you are going to love it!! I have the very same bag color and all (sadly not the same price) :rolleyes: There is no need to worry about this bag being anything like the Target line. The nylon is actually a silk/nylon taffeta blend (very luxe looking) and the suede lining is such a lovely thing to find inside a nylon bag. I would think it would be great for the office. Once again, great buy, I think you'll be very happy with it!

I love the all black and considered it but ended up ordering myself from the silver/grey from gilt. It is on the UPS truck out for delivery as I type! I, too, was nervous about the nylon, but read several other websites about the bag and concluded it was a good bag and was worth it, considering it was only $148! A total steal for a Gryson bag.