Just a 1/2 size off!!

linakpl

Mar 18, 2011
I'm so bummed! I found a pair of Miss Clichys that were in excellent condition and a great price so I bought them hoping they would fit. I got them in the mail and I can get my foot in but it's tight in the toe box area where the skin around my toes wrinkles up. Do you think I can break them in or return/sell them and keep looking?

MDM said:
Post modeling pics. Stretching the shoes depends on the material. Are they nappa leather or suede?
What's your usual CL size?

I usu wear 35.5-6 depending on style. Here's one I took earlier. I'll take more of me standing in them when I get home but you see that wrinkled skin by my toes? And the toe box area is tight. i have rolandos in 36 for a short toe box size reference. I'm in love with this style but I rarely see it. They're regular nappa leather. I live right near Rago brothers and I was thinking maybe they could stretch them out a little?

image-2940925731.jpg

I usu wear 35.5-6 depending on style. Here's one I took earlier. I'll take more of me standing in them when I get home but you see that wrinkled skin by my toes? And the toe box area is tight. i have rolandos in 36 for a short toe box size reference. I'm in love with this style but I rarely see it. They're regular nappa leather. I live right near Rago brothers and I was thinking maybe they could stretch them out a little?

View attachment 2026569
Are you sure those are Miss Clichy? They look like Declics to me.

Yeah, a mod pic standing up would be better.

MDM said:

Ok I this is post shower because I think this would be the equivalent of the biggest my foot can get (please excuse my red feet, I love hot showers ☺)

image-651645072.jpg

image-3148733064.jpg

image-3686055977.jpg

image-1319307265.jpg

image-448422213.jpg

There's major toe crunching in the front and I have a pair of Bianca's that stretched out over time so I'm hoping maybe I could make that happen with these shoes?? Is there hope with these or should I just on looking?

MDM said:

They're declics? I put them on the identify his style thread and was told they're Miss Clichys but maybe I'll have better luck finding another pair of declics then if these are too small. Thank you for correcting me!!

It looks like they will definitely stretch--I don't own any kid/nappa leather CLs, but I'm told they stretch the most out of all the other material (hmm, maybe they stretch to the equivalent of python/watersnake/exotic skin, too).

I can see that the heel of the shoe isn't suffocating your foot and that there is just a tiny space--keep them, looks like they will conform to the shape of your feet from the front. HTH :smile:

The leather will def stretch. All my CL's are tight in the toe box at first. They look like they fit great otherwise. A bigger size would be too big imo based on the space in the back. You can def have the toe box stretched though. Takes only a few min :smile:

The leather will def stretch. All my CL's are tight in the toe box at first. They look like they fit great otherwise. A bigger size would be too big imo based on the space in the back. You can def have the toe box stretched though. Takes only a few min :smile:
They look great on you! And yes, they will definitely stretch. Once they do, your toes will look more relaxed.

They will stretch... If its just the toe box, you can use a cotton ball and put rubbing alcohol on the inside and then put a shoe tree or something in that area to stretch it out and leave it for an hour.. Or put alcohol on it before you wear it, either way works.

Hi OP!!! I actually own a pair of nude Miss Clichy 140. I'm usually a 5.5-6 also!! My Miss Clichy's are a size 35.5 and I wish I would have sized up. I've worn them maybe 7-10 times now and they've stretched a small amount, but not at all enough to be comfortable for more than an hour. I actually just wore mine for a weekend in Vegas last month. The first night I made sure I did a lot of sitting in the clubs. Let's just say I copped out and went barefoot through the hotel the morning (late late night). I made a woman's mistake and only brought one pair of shoes. I could hardly walk the second night--regardless of sitting in the hotel for an hour stretching them. I've tried the blow dryer and sock trick. Nothing has really seemed to stretch the toe box to a comfortable size. However, I just wanted to mention that mu toes are slightly longer than normal. And your shoes definitely seem to fit better in the toe box than mine

My right foot is bigger than my left. As you can see, my right foot toes actually curl a bit inside the tow box

image-456492619.jpg

They're declics? I put them on the identify his style thread and was told they're Miss Clichys but maybe I'll have better luck finding another pair of declics then if these are too small. Thank you for correcting me!!

I replied after your shoes were first ID'd as Miss Clichys that they were Declics. :smile: They do stretch. Mine were really tight (almost unbearably so) when I first got them but they stretched after a while. You can stuff the toe box with socks to stretch or put your blow dryer on the hot setting and blast the hot air at the toe box while you're wearing them.

They look like they sure will shape to your toes, even tho your toes look a litle sqwished thet dont ruin the look of them, i sure would keep them because many shoes look like that on my toes pic included :smile: Sharon

Attachments

• P270610_12.570001.jpg
    P270610_12.570001.jpg
    131.9 KB · Views: 247