Jumbo Matte Caviar vs. Jumbo Shiny Caviar *PiCs please*

Oh, I see this thread has made its way back.. :smile: I ended up getting the matte (tax free too).. and here she is... :love:... pictured w/her partner in crime.. the Camellia billfold (which I used the EGC card received from the Jumbo, & convinced DH it'd be a great V-day gift... hehe).

Thanks for letting me share~! :flowers:

Oh, this ones made in France ;)

IMG_1145.jpg

I'm confused. The posts above contradicts what I thought I knew. I thought the shiny caviar is old leather, Made in France. And matte caviar is new leather, Made in Italy??

Does this shiny/matte distinction only apply to the jumbo? If not, does that mean there is a medium that is less than $2350?

Sorry if this is a dumb question - I had no idea there were different kinds of caviar!

I'm still confused, but I saw a medium caviar at Saks today for $2225, and it was $2350 at the Chanel store. Does that mean the one at Saks is matte, and the one at Chanel is shiny? But they're otherwise the same?

I swear, you guys know more than some of the SAs!

Ok, made a call to Saks Bev Hills... and this is what I've found out.
(Classic Flap only)

The Matte only comes in the Black Jumbo.

The Med & Large only come in shiny.

Medium (Shiny only)= $2225.00

Large (Shiny only) = $2350.00

Jumbo (Shiny Black) = $2650.00
(Matte Black) = $2395.00

Hope this helps.. ;)

*There's only a slight difference in the matte & shiny... you can only really tell if you have the 2 sitting right next to each other. My SA suggests seeing it IRL before purchasing.. if you're unsure.