Jumbo Classic Black Caviar w/GH too "old"??

chanel-girl

Cartier Love
Jun 24, 2007
OK, I have finally decided what to get for my first Chanel. I have been debating between the Jumbo Classic and the GST w/GH and the Jumbo has come out on top and thats what I'm getting first! I am 25 (next week)... and this will be for an everyday bag that I will use at night as well. I want a very classic Chanel but but I'm wondering if the Jumbo classic in black with Gold hardware is too "old" LOL. I think I do prefer the look of the gold vs. silver although I like the silver as well...I know the silver is a little more modern but is the gold too classic for a 25 yr old for everyday? I wear mostly 2-tone silver and gold jewelry. I love the GST with gold harware but the flap is a more classic style...

I personally wear more silver and like the look more so that is what I went with for my jumbo. That said, I don't think it's really too old and I don't find the silver too modern. Really, I think it just comes down to personal preference. If you love the yellow gold, go for it. You won't regret it!

i think both gold and silver are gorgeous on the jumbo! and since you wear two-toned jewelry, both would work! But it seems like you are drawn to the gold first and foremost, and you should go with your first instinct! I think the gold is a nice classic look, and definitely not too "old"...go for it!

I don't think it is too old (I'm 23), if that is what you are worried about! You should go with what you love as everyone else has said.

However, I recently purchased a bag with GH. I am much more of a silver person so I am regretting my decision although it is a beautiful bag...but if you wear two-toned jewelry you should not have that problem..

the GOLD is not old but classy...take a look at the recent post of bb10lue, she's just gotten the black jumbo caviar in gold HW....it's beautiful, with the right clothing you not only look great but will definately ROCK with the bag...

Edited to add: totally agree with seahorsewithstripes

the GH definitely doesn't look old. Like everybody's said, the classic flap is classic. Personally, I prefer it with silver, but that's just my style. the gold is still gorgeous.