July/August Purchases

Here’s my addition to this thread before the month ends.

My 2001 Le Dix, anxiously BIN-Ed at 3am on eBay. Then later found out that the seller is one of us, which shouldn’t really surprise me since tPF has the best Bal collectors.

2001 black Le Dix FBF in Chevre:

D0EA2749-1FE2-450A-ADB9-E4BAE7FDDAE8.jpeg

This backside detail makes my heart squeal! I love the gnarly distressing.

26953991-24BB-46CD-A580-6A9C37B1A290.jpeg

Gold label:

B38D2319-0279-4493-B3D8-A1F48D48121F.jpeg

OMG!! It still hasn’t sunk in that I finally got one!

And just a little side story:

I had a very LONG hiatus from Bal/tPF but was active in 2006. I found my old post with my then two much loved, much missed and deep regret... my Bal pewter pride and joy, both are now long gone since “life happened”.

A8FC4639-B832-4B4B-8F65-8C6030A5C77B.jpeg

Never thought lightning would strike twice and that I got a second chance to own my favourite Bal styles. As quoted from Jurassic Park, “Life, uhh finds a way”. Thanks Jeff Goldblum. Haha

A08CE7AC-A44D-4955-9ACB-210F45B7DC60.jpeg

2007 Men’s Weekender
2001 Le Dix FBF

Never gonna let these ones go...

Thanks for letting me share. :heart:

Last edited:
What a beautiful piece!:loveeyes:
In my own experience as a collector, the constant researching sometimes can be tiring and stressful (I really feel it!). That’s the reason for me to stop at some point and take a rest. But just it pops up a new interesting oldie e voilà, I’m in again!.

Many, many congrats on your new addition. Happy for this treasure has gone to a Bal lover home :hbeat::love::girlsigh:

Last edited:
Well ladies.. this was supposed to be Navy but not, it’s black!. Seller specified color was “blue” at the listing and it really looked like in the photos. They were so badly taken imo.
Anyway, decided to keep it because I didn’t have this style yet and honestly, she’s very cute and handy one!

Navy still resists to pop up to me:-s

psd: We have kitties and mouse all together mixed :biggrin:

5BB72F8F-E8E7-4C82-A077-D295B460FADB.jpeg5E0609DD-46ED-42E6-93BE-BF1D202FACEA.jpeg413EF858-7C0A-4FAF-B86C-3ED696EB9C8E.jpeg

Last edited:
Aww nah. Shame it isn’t navy but it’s still so lush looking in black. Still a very nice addition to your rare Bal collection.

Speaking of which, is there a collective pic of all your goodies on here? I’d love to see all your awesome finds!

Reactions: LostInBal
Here’s my addition to this thread before the month ends.

My 2001 Le Dix, anxiously BIN-Ed at 3am on eBay. Then later found out that the seller is one of us, which shouldn’t really surprise me since tPF has the best Bal collectors.

2001 black Le Dix FBF in Chevre:

View attachment 5176585

This backside detail makes my heart squeal! I love the gnarly distressing.

View attachment 5176586

Gold label:

View attachment 5176587

OMG!! It still hasn’t sunk in that I finally got one!

And just a little side story:

I had a very LONG hiatus from Bal/tPF but was active in 2006. I found my old post with my then two much loved, much missed and deep regret... my Bal pewter pride and joy, both are now long gone since “life happened”.

View attachment 5176590

Never thought lightning would strike twice and that I got a second chance to own my favourite Bal styles. As quoted from Jurassic Park, “Life, uhh finds a way”. Thanks Jeff Goldblum. Haha

View attachment 5176591

2007 Men’s Weekender
2001 Le Dix FBF

Never gonna let these ones go...

Thanks for letting me share. :heart:

Beautiful pics of this little 2001 treasure, she has definitely gone to the right home!!!! And lolz af the 3am BIN......those wee hours purchases often are the best buys....
OMG those Pewter Hardware bags are luscious too!!!!! :loveeyes::loveeyes:

Well ladies.. this was supposed to be Navy but not, it’s black!. Seller specified color was “blue” at the listing and it really looked like in the photos. They were so badly taken imo.
Anyway, decided to keep it because I didn’t have this style yet and honestly, she’s very cute and handy one!

Navy still resists to pop up to me:-s

psd: We have kitties and mouse all together mixed :biggrin:

View attachment 5176657View attachment 5176658View attachment 5176659
I have several times purchased bags listed as blue that have been black.....not sure how that works :lol:
Regardless, she's a beauty! :love: Love her charm too, super cute! And so the search for the navy goes on.....:biggrin:

I have several times purchased bags listed as blue that have been black.....not sure how that works :lol:
Regardless, she's a beauty! :love: Love her charm too, super cute! And so the search for the navy goes on.....:biggrin:
The thing is seller still insists it’s blue! :lol: Maybe she’s colorblind?. I feel a little disappointed because it came super bad packaged in a small box all crumpled like a paper ball. Also very dirty inside. There were paper tickets and breadcrumbs :sick:

• Wow
Reactions: ksuromax
Reactions: LostInBal
The thing is seller still insists it’s blue! :lol: Maybe she’s colorblind?. I feel a little disappointed because it came super bad packaged in a small box all crumpled like a paper ball. Also very dirty inside. There were paper tickets and breadcrumbs :sick:
It looks quite black in your pics....hmmm, maybe she is colourblind :biggrin:
Sorry this lovely bag did not come packaged as she deserves, I've had bags arrive in tiny boxes half their size, so I know that they have been squished in before I've evened opened them.....I know you will clean her up a treat, but yeah it would have been nice for her to have arrived clean too....

Huge congrats on this amazing super rare oldie!!! :love: She looks very sweet in the modeling pic......is that Winona?:loveeyes:
Thank you dear :hbeat: Fits and looks great on Winona (yes she is!). Can’t wait to see the leather on this, look like nappa but not great expectations yet, you know what I mean.. :lol::lol:

It looks quite black in your pics....hmmm, maybe she is colourblind :biggrin:
Sorry this lovely bag did not come packaged as she deserves, I've had bags arrive in tiny boxes half their size, so I know that they have been squished in before I've evened opened them.....I know you will clean her up a treat, but yeah it would have been nice for her to have arrived clean too....
This is the first time in my whole collector years that a Bal bag comes in this sad condition. She could had never ever done it worse believe me. Felt really sad to see this cutie like that, put it in a half size box like if it was trash, unwanted etc. Well she’s clean and beautiful again and ready to show it’s splendor :yes::love:

Last edited:
Thank you dear :hbeat: Fits and looks great on Winona (yes she is!). Can’t wait to see the leather on this, look like nappa but not great expectations yet, you know what I mean.. :lol::lol:

This is the first time in my whole collector years that a Bal bag comes in this sad condition. She could had never ever done it worse believe me. Felt really sad to see this cutie like that, put it in a half size box like if it was trash, unwanted etc. Well she’s clean and beautiful again and ready to show it’s splendor :yes::love:
That's why she needed to come to you, to be reinstated to her original glory!