Joseph Duclos Thread

Last edited:
Now that Miss Americana has worn it, should we worry about the massive upcoming price increase due to the demand ?
On one hand, the swifties are young and may not have the funds for JD. On the other hand, we know how much her concert tickets are, so maybe? My fear is we'll see cheaper lookalikes as I've seen with some of her clothing.

Back to JD. I think it's great to see it in the wild.

I don’t, since you showed your proof and I accept. It’s brass.

However, you’re the one who brought up the “50% hardware” and now you’re tiptoeing around the subject, asking me to do my research, when I asked you for your source.

At this point I think you’re just inventing stuff just to fuel more negativity around JD, which you have single-handedly been doing since October (?). I don't know what your motivations are but I hope you’re getting paid for it. It seems tough to just go to this website and yuck the yum of a bunch of strangers on the internet.

Anyway, to get back to topic... Guys! They updated the website with new products and this is such a pretty new color! :love: It reminds me of the L20 Lizard @thebaghag has but a more affordable version :biggrin:

View attachment 5970125

If JD releases a light blue version of the L20 (kind of like a bleu frida), I may have to rethink my bag plans :hbeat:

I love, love, love this colour on a small-smallish bag. Especially with white-metal hw.

• Love
Reactions: allanrvj
On one hand, the swifties are young and may not have the funds for JD. On the other hand, we know how much her concert tickets are, so maybe? My fear is we'll see cheaper lookalikes as I've seen with some of her clothing.

Back to JD. I think it's great to see it in the wild.
I’m thinking about the moms and older TS fans. My cousins’ kids are in their 30’s and are huge fans. They are single professionals who could afford a messenger bag.
My only fear is a possible rush of orders on a business with a small atelier footprint — what would the waitlists look like?
Overall, I’m happy about the exposure. The JD team is amazing and is made of hardworking good people.

I'm not keen if she was gifted it. I am little Mz Cynical lately, I can't look at brands that are pushing merch at 'whoever's popular' lately. But, it does look nice.
I'd actually be surprised if she was gifted this from JD. I know that in the Ramesh days, Moynat didn't gift bags (who knows about now?), so with Ramesh at the helm, I'd expect that JD would be the same...

I'm not keen if she was gifted it. I am little Mz Cynical lately, I can't look at brands that are pushing merch at 'whoever's popular' lately. But, it does look nice.
A Parisian friend told me that most probably it’s her stylist’s doing that she is carrying a JD bag. This same stylist bought from my friend’s friend some pieces of jewelry from her collection. She didn’t know that it was Taylor’s stylist who bought tons of jewelry from her until she saw it on Taylor.

A Parisian friend told me that most probably it’s her stylist’s doing that she is carrying a JD bag. This same stylist bought from my friend’s friend some pieces of jewelry from her collection. She didn’t know that it was Taylor’s stylist who bought tons of jewelry from her until she saw it on Taylor.

You're right ('we' used to work with Rihanna's stylist). The fact that she's in full-on 'loud-preppy' (so-called 'Aristocratic Style' is trending ATM) down to her 2-tone loafers with a heritage leather bag makes sense too.

I'd actually be surprised if she was gifted this from JD. I know that in the Ramesh days, Moynat didn't gift bags (who knows about now?), so with Ramesh at the helm, I'd expect that JD would be the same...

I'd hope so, but JD are in 'expanding-mode' and it's a very common strategy. If I was choose anyone atm for soft advertising - TS is who I'd choose.

Reactions: umichmm and kipp
Moynat gifted ambassadors — Pharrell, Ciara, and Nicole Kidman. They actively promoted the brand. Moynat didn't gift Queen Camilla, Queen Rania, Princess Charlene, First Lady Macron, and more. They were clients through their stylists.