Join The RealReal For Authentication Tips & Special Offers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi there - I work at The RealReal and have been following along on the posts. I wanted to jump in to address the questions posed about our policies and the way we build our membership.

1. We are one of the few luxury consignment sites that accept returns on clothing and shoes due to fit. We do not accept returns on accessories the reason being is that we found consistent instances of use and then return - a bummer for all.

2. We stand by the authentication of every product we sell, everyday, no exceptions. If there is an issue with authentication our customer service and authentication teams will work with you to remedy the situation to your satisfaction as quickly as possible. They are real people, right here in our office, pros, and dedicated to making your experience with us excellent. (Note: we are human, and sometimes make mistakes!)

3. We build our membership through our website, therefore we ask for an email which will give you access to our sales - now in the dozens per day. As has been noted, products sell quickly and when we can communicate with you through email, you get access to sales faster and can buy quickly!

I hope this addresses the concerns expressed here and I welcome further dialogue about what we offer and how we offer it - our goal is to make our service great for you.
hi there,
I also agree with many posters here regarding your return policy. Why would I want to buy an expensive bag from you when there are other companies which allow returns which gives a piece of mind. You could allow at least a couple of business days for customers to be able to inspect their purchase, and as others have mentioned putting a security tag would also help.
I also do not want to become a member unless I know what it is your offer and interested in your inventory. I understand it is your business model, but you should probably take into consideration what people here are saying if you want to expand your business.

You don't seem to be listening to what people (future and current clients) are telling you about your site (business) that doesn't work for them.

1. I too, don't bother with websites that force people to give their email just to look around. Its invasive and annoying to be bombarded with marketing emails. You can justify this all you want, but your customer base is telling you that it is a big turnoff.

2. You have not addressed other peoples concerns about your return policy. This is also a major deal breaker for many people. Instead of shining them on perhaps you could think of a better response, even if you have no intention of chaning this. Although I think that would be a mistake if you indeed want to increase your market share, which would be my guess because you are here.

3. I didn't think it was appropriate for you to belittle someone because they don't like putting their bag on the floor. This may not have been your intention, but that is how it comes accross. Good for you that you put yours on the floor, but your response was inappropriate.

… and remember, "the customer is always right"…. Good luck.

Great post! I also won't be shopping here for all the reasons listed above. Honestly, this whole thread feels like invasive spam to me and I'm sorry to see TPF going in this direction. I get enough of this in my email. I'm honestly a little unhappy to see it here. Not a move in the right direction in my opinion for our beloved purse forum. Sad.

That said, I agree with the above post entirely. This company doesn't seem remotely interested in the feedback it's getting here. That's enough right there for me to look elsewhere. I'll stick with yoogis.

There is always the risk opening up a thread soliciting like this that people who have had terrible experiences are going to open up and say what happened to them (being sold counterfeit bags). I think you will need to address your authentication policies immediately as well as your return policies. Yoogis has full, no questions asked, returns. Perhaps because they are confident and stand fully behind their preloved merchandise. That speaks volumes. Even fashionphile allows returns, and I'm not a huge fashionphile fan.

Important to realize TPF members are savvy and intelligent and reading all the posts in this thread, not just the merchandise "buy from me" ones. They are very very good at reading between the lines, and concerns about authenticity coupled with no returns are likely to be deal breakers for a majority of people.

Last edited:
Great post! I also won't be shopping here for all the reasons listed above. Honestly, this whole thread feels like invasive spam to me and I'm sorry to see TPF going in this direction. I get enough of this in my email. I'm honestly a little unhappy to see it here. Not a move in the right direction in my opinion for our beloved purse forum. Sad.

That said, I agree with the above post entirely. This company doesn't seem remotely interested in the feedback it's getting here. That's enough right there for me to look elsewhere. I'll stick with yoogis.

+1

Seems like Spam to me.... :nospam:

Even if they have a no return policy and they come back fake your CC and Paypal will overwrite them.

So it's pointless to say no return policy and would make 99% of the people here not buy from you

Honestly, I love the real real. I've bought many things from them and they are cheaper than yoogis, Ann's, fashionphile, etc. always good stuff, plus 20% off most items. No one else gives you discount codes. Plus, websites can track what you do without you signing in.

They may be able to track you, but that's different then tons of spam emails coming in your inbox. I'm sad enough to see spam here. I don't want more in my inbox.

There is always the risk opening up a thread soliciting like this that people who have had terrible experiences are going to open up and say what happened to them (being sold counterfeit bags). I think you will need to address your authentication policies immediately as well as your return policies. Yoogis has full, no questions asked, returns. Perhaps because they are confident and stand fully behind their preloved merchandise. That speaks volumes. Even fashionphile allows returns, and I'm not a huge fashionphile fan.

Important to realize TPF members are savvy and intelligent and reading all the posts in this thread, not just the merchandise "buy from me" ones. They are very very good at reading between the lines, and concerns about authenticity coupled with no returns are likely to be deal breakers for a majority of people.

Beautifully said.

You choose to get emails. I haven't gotten any spam at all from them.

They fully admitted the reason for wanting your email address was to send emails to everyone regarding their "sales." Sometimes "dozens a day" and the easiest way to communicate with their "members" about those dozens of sales a day" is. "through email." Perhaps you don't call that spam. I do.

Just want I want: emails about bags that may or may not be authentic, with no return policy. Not.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.