Jewlery Insurance

We use State Farm for our renters insurance so we took out a personal articles policy with them to cover my E-ring.
I looked in to Chubb jewelry insurance as well, they're highly recommended but their premiums are quite high.

We added my ring to our policy as an addendum, it's under Nationwide. I've never heard of any company not insuring rings over $20K.

caxe, yes, you should insure your ring.

Jewelers Mutual. They are excellent! I lost a tanzanite necklace and they replaced it without hesitation. My diamond studs, which are significant, are insured with them, as well as all my other jewelry.

Mine in under my homeowners (State Farm) as a personal articles policy. I have several policies for different pieces of jewelry. They will insure for any amount as long as you have a certified appraisal. I've never heard of a cap of 20K.

hiscox i have nothing but positivs things to say about them i do have a lot of policies with them and they are promt attending and there are no excuses if there is a claim they are beyond fair

Does anyone have their bling insured. I was asking my SA about it and she said she doesn't even have hers insured. I was curious because I was thinking of insuring some of my more expensive pieces

Yes I do; it pays off too...I lost a .86ctw dia stud earring in NYC 2 years ago. I filed the claim, submitted photos of the matching earring, receipt from store, and they cut me a check within 2 weeks of filing the claim. I now have a matching set of studs again - at no cost to me.

To get the policy we added a valuable personal property rider onto our auto and homeowners policy. The monthly cost is negligble when compared to the cost of jewelry replacement. To be sure I get full value for my pieces, I did get independent appraisals for everything valued over $2500 ($2500 is their coverage payout without appraisal/no documentation needed). Obviously, you would want to know what your insurer's max payout is without documentation, and then get them the appraisals for all jewelry valued over that amount.