jewelry Regrets

I try to give my jewelry regrets to younger cousins or nieces, but currently they’re being somewhat annoying, so I don’t want to. I go in phases, and my mistakes fortunately tend to be relatively inexpensive. last year, I bought lots of fashion jewelry, and now I feel like what possessed me? Lol. eventuslly I’ll unload the mistakes, even if it’s to give them to the cleaners. I was thinking of having a plain emerald cut diamond reset into gold; it’s a project on the list.

I try to give my jewelry regrets to younger cousins or nieces, but currently they’re being somewhat annoying, so I don’t want to. I go in phases, and my mistakes fortunately tend to be relatively inexpensive. last year, I bought lots of fashion jewelry, and now I feel like what possessed me? Lol. eventuslly I’ll unload the mistakes, even if it’s to give them to the cleaners. I was thinking of having a plain emerald cut diamond reset into gold; it’s a project on the list.
I’ll clean your house :wave:

Same, gave most of pandora to nieces, they love collecting the Harry Potter and Avenger charms

• Thanks
Reactions: Mrs.Hermess and 880
Enjoying the gorgeous photos here. My only real regret, and it's not a big one as I've learned from it over time, is buying gold-plated jewelry. It's cost-effective but it requires upkeep, and I prefer solid gold and silver. I don't wear silver often now, but it's a beautiful metal and even taking the time to polish it every so often can be meditative.

i am hopeful my daughter will have a love for jewelry like I do. I went thru a fashion jewelry stage — and embarrassed to say i am still hoarding it. . Chanel I have sort of given up on — I love their necklaces and to stack them but the past couple of years by the time I get to the boutique there hasn’t been much left that I would wear. You have some lucky albeit annoying cousins.

i am hopeful my daughter will have a love for jewelry like I do. I went thru a fashion jewelry stage — and embarrassed to say i am still hoarding it. . Chanel I have sort of given up on — I love their necklaces and to stack them but the past couple of years by the time I get to the boutique there hasn’t been much left that I would wear. You have some lucky albeit annoying cousins.
You are so lucky to have a daughter to share your amazingly beautiful things with :heart:

• Love
Reactions: Mrs.Hermess
ETA - One regret now that I think about it...getting caught up in the Pandora jewelry craze. I have one completed bracelet that I hardly ever wear and another (bangle) that only has a few charms but again, rarely wear as well. I don't think, even if I sold them, that I would recoup even close to what I paid so I figure I'm stuck with them. While I like them enough (to keep vs. sell for a big loss), if I added everything up (cost of charms, etc.), I would have rather have put the money into something else but it is what it is.
Oh my, I truly understand you there. That fad was fun, but the excitement wore off for me over time. Now I’m not sure what to do with my bracelets since I’m interested in other brands. Reselling them feels like it’d be such a hassle.

Also, because of this, my husband is reluctant to buy me any jewelry now because he thinks that I’ll just stop wearing them. :sad: (Not necessarily true, since I do wear other pieces daily.) Sigh.

Oh my, I truly understand you there. That fad was fun, but the excitement wore off for me over time. Now I’m not sure what to do with my bracelets since I’m interested in other brands. Reselling them feels like it’d be such a hassle.

Also, because of this, my husband is reluctant to buy me any jewelry now because he thinks that I’ll just stop wearing them. :sad: (Not necessarily true, since I do wear other pieces daily.) Sigh.
Yes, the pandora charm bracelet craze probably has faded. I still love mine though (should wear it more). It’s the charms that are sentimental to me. I have Hawaiian flower, baby stroller, pineapple, palm tree charms etc. My husband and I got married in Hawaii and he bought me the baby stroller charm after I gave birth to our child :smile:.