jewelry Regrets

I would just think of it as your husband's investment, love and commitment to you and your future together. It was your husband to be's choice, and he wanted you to have the best. An e-ring is not the time to think of value per se and cpw. I would love that precise ring for those reasons.

True, it’s the sentimental value behind the piece. The ring has been sitting there in a secured place for all these years. I do wear my wedding band though.

I don't have much jewellery (yet) so I don't have many regrets. I want to avoid regrets by properly planning and curating my future collection. One I do have is not properly looking at terms of purchase and considering finger size. I've been left with a gorgeous ring that is slightly too tight for my middle finger and slightly too loose for my fourth so I have to put a ring guard on to be able to wear it on my fourth finger. This all could've been avoided but I didn't know what I was doing when dealing with an online-only jewellery store.

I don't have much jewellery (yet) so I don't have many regrets. I want to avoid regrets by properly planning and curating my future collection. One I do have is not properly looking at terms of purchase and considering finger size. I've been left with a gorgeous ring that is slightly too tight for my middle finger and slightly too loose for my fourth so I have to put a ring guard on to be able to wear it on my fourth finger. This all could've been avoided but I didn't know what I was doing when dealing with an online-only jewellery store.

Yes! Agreed. Finger sizing can be a tricky thing. My fingers get narrow from wearing them for so long (because I either never take them off or wear them all day).
I've had my engagement ring resized from a 4 to a 3.5
My Bvgalri ring and JUC ring both ended up becoming too big, and so I've stacked them together, and it seems to be safe so far!

When it gets hot my fingers swell, and the usual stack on my left pointer finger can get a little tight.
But when winter come, almost all rings get a little loose. :P Just gotta be a little more careful! (and I have ring guards as well :tup:)

I almost never buy rings online (though don't mind earrings!). I'm just too concerned about sizing and fit lol.

I have two...
1. Not buying a killer YG chunky round Pomellato bangle bracelet when @lulilu and I were at the NYC boutique years ago. It still haunts me to this day. I think it was one of a kind, I have never seen another one like it.
2. From a purely financial regret - spending 6 figures on my e ring upgrade. The stone is magnificent and I adore it. But now, living at the beach, I rarely wear it and it sits in the vault most of the time.

Original poster here! Let me add to the jewelry regrets that I have three engagement diamonds. I have my original engagement diamond, last year I upgraded to emerald cut diamond (kept original), and this year for a landmark anniversary I have a fancy yellow diamond.
One of my jewelry regrets has to be the Tiffany t wire bracelet. I like the style, but the edges are so sharp that it is painful to put on. I don’t think I’ll get rid of it but if I were to choose again I’ll definitely go for a different style.

The other regret is a small ruby ring. The jeweler shipped a wrong ring to me. It was a hassle to return since it was shipped from abroad so I kept the ring and I do wear it. However I figured I’m not a fan of ruby (or at least the rubies I can afford), and there is no resale value for non designer small color stone jewelry
oh yikes. I always wondered about the T bracelet- putting it on and off. It is beautiful

Ahem @Mrs.Hermess & @livethelake you both mentioned what sounds like incredible rings with no pictures?! :hrmm:
Original poster here! Let me add to the jewelry regrets that I have three engagement diamonds. I have my original engagement diamond, last year I upgraded to emerald cut diamond (kept original), and this year for a landmark anniversary I have a fancy yellow diamond.

oh yikes. I always wondered about the T bracelet- putting it on and off. It is beautiful

My original wedding set.

I got married in 1994, so at the time, we bought what was trendy, which I later regretted a few years later. It was YG, and had a trilliant (basically a triangle shaped stone) center stone. It was gorgeous and very modern, but instead of a traditional set, I always wished we got an EC diamond (which is my favorite shaped stone) in WG and a separate band in WG as well. Something more classic. I never expressed this regret to my husband because it would have saddened him. He and I went shopping for the ring together and he loved it, as did I, but I just basically changed my mind after a few years. My husband is now passed, but if I was to ever get married again, I will definitely go for something in WG or platinum.

My original wedding set.

I got married in 1994, so at the time, we bought what was trendy, which I later regretted a few years later. It was YG, and had a trilliant (basically a triangle shaped stone) center stone. It was gorgeous and very modern, but instead of a traditional set, I always wished we got an EC diamond (which is my favorite shaped stone) in WG and a separate band in WG as well. Something more classic. I never expressed this regret to my husband because it would have saddened him. He and I went shopping for the ring together and he loved it, as did I, but I just basically changed my mind after a few years. My husband is now passed, but if I was to ever get married again, I will definitely go for something in WG or platinum.
We actually designed the rings and had them made. Another thing I wasn't happy with was the wedding band, it never fit inside the v of the engagement ring properly. I don't know why I didn't complain about that. The style was unique at the time but as I said, not practical at all, I was young and didn't think about that.