Jewelry for a young teanager

sroze

Oct 25, 2008
Help please !!
I’m looking for a special piece of jewelry for my granddaughter. She is under 14 years of age and she’s just recently become aware of fine jewelry.
My budget would be under $1500.
I definitely do not want a piece of designer costume jewelry. I’d rather get her bracelet or necklace in 14k or 18k gold. I’d like it to be something she can continue to enjoy as she matures.
The final decision would be her’s but I’d like to present her with some ideas.
I’d appreciate any and all suggestions.

Tiffany has a lot of great bracelet and necklace options in 18K gold below that price point. DBTY is always classic and I'm a huge fan of their Save the Wild collection (profits are donated to the Wildlife Conservation Network) if she likes animals and rose gold. Ylang23 has fine jewelry from a mixture of designers that are a bit more unique.

Tiffany's is always good. For something more trendy try Melissa Joy Manning, she uses 14 K gold. I got my 14-year old goddaughter a couple of earrings from her and she loves them. At 14 (and at now...), I would have loved vintage jewellery, maybe something to consider too.

Reactions: Noyerx
Tiffany is a great choice if she likes brands. If yes, I hope you can go with her to pick it out and get it. Kids today are all about the experience, and if she likes Tiffany, it would be a most memorable one if it’s her first Tiffany.

That said, not every 14 year old is into Tiffany. If she is not, here are some ideas:

- Gold locket with her initials. Kids love personalization now and I think this is a great item. Even if it’s not a locket, maybe a monogram pendant or something, but my preference is for a locket if you do something monogram. She can wear it short or long and it will last the test of time.

- Pearl necklace / earrings

- Gold bangle, a classic simple shiny gold bangle is beautiful.

- Cross pendant with diamonds. If a cross is an option, there is nothing more classic than a small cross with diamonds.

I hope these suggestions are helpful.

I think it’s wonderful you are doing this. She will always remember it.

Best wishes.

Reactions: Noyerx and Louish
Thanks for all the suggestions. They are really appreciated. We did take a walk through an outdoor mall that has high end jewelry stores. My granddaughter was so excited she was almost hyperventilating. I must say the salespeople in all of the stores were so kind and helpful. It was a very enjoyable outing.