Jelly/Crelly lovers thread!

no1stunnah

Feb 9, 2008
Chicago
i noticed we don't have a thread for swatches/chatter about jelly or jelly-like polishes... i can't be the only jelly lover here!

to kick it off:

jelly i am loving now: chanel pirate!
jelly i want to try in 2012: nfu ohs

what are your fave jellys? can't wait to see pics :graucho:

PolishQueen

Sep 14, 2011
Israel
I love the squishiness in how a jelly looks but I don't have many of them, I tend to have a problem with draw back when I use one though that might have been the seche vite I suppose. How would you classify I polish as a jelly? Because I got some polishes last month that were jellish cremes though I don't feel they are jelly like at all. Hmm one of them being Cult Nails Time Traveler and it was alot darker too, shame as I really wanted a dark though I suppose medium blue jelly, any suggetions? Does Nfu Oh have such a color?

My favorite would have to be Nfu Oh 51 and Ozotics 513 they're dark purple holo it's a jelly like base I think....

zant

Feb 19, 2012
Jelly polishes are my favorite!

Essie Poor Li'l Rich Girl

Revlon Whimsical

Nails Inc. Kensington

Essie Starry Starry Night

Revlon Valentine

Sally Hansen Red Carpet

Illamasqua Rampage (sans top coat)

Deborah Lippmann Razzle Dazzle

Essie Wicked

Revlon Devil's Candy

semirose

Tin Dog
Jan 18, 2012
Suburgatory, IL
I am also new to the nail polish crazy. How do you know if a lacquer is a cream vs. jelly ?
Well one big difference is cremes tend to be opaque in 1-2 coats, jelly's need 3-4 and some are so sheer you never get rid of the VNL. This post has great info on different finishes and someone on the MUA described cremes as lipstick and jelly's as lipgloss and I think that's a pretty good analogy.

----------
Zoya Miley

And sandwiched with China Glaze Fairy Dust

Cult Nails Time Traveller

I know she's really a creme but she has the jelly squishiness!

Revlon Whimsical (probably layered over something, maybe a-England Galahad?)

BB Couture Dragon's Breath