Jeans- how tight should they be?

I heard recently that some people has ripping issues with Paige denim, as in it tore after only a few months' worth of wear. Has anyone had this problem? A friend of mine tore the crotch on her jeans, after having them for just over half a year, and no, they weren't that tight!

Back to the OP: I would also recommend Adriano Goldschmied jeans, they fit me perfectly and have a lot of nice washes and cuts. Haven't tried their skinnys though.
I've never had a problem with any of my Paige jeans, and I own quite a few Paige jeans, LOL. :shame: It might be more of an issue with wash...some washes are thinner than others.

AG jeans are awesome, esp the aged/damaged washes. :tup:

How tall are you? Jeans can be as tight as they are comfortable, i mean they don't usually look offensively tight anyways unless there's like a muffin top, and that can be covered..

I saw a woman in the airport the other day and her jeans were in my opinion too tight. To me they are too tight when you get the rippling effect (if you get me). Although to be honest I think she would have looked better in a darker colour.

As others have said, muffin top and tummy roll, I have a pair of jeans that are just insanely tight so I end up spilling out of them. Mind you they are hard to button up in the first place...needless to say I dont wear them!!!

I am the opposite and prefer my jeans rather a bit loose but for a true tight fit I go for j brand. hands down the best as none of the ones I had ever stretched out. I have a small waist and small hips so they are occassionally a bit wide in the top but still much better than the citizens, earnest sewn, joe's and what else I had. only other brands that are equally great are my topshop jeans (go figure, great on the cc) and notify.

its a blog, but it talks about jeans that are too tight. I wouldn't do it!

http://blogs.consumerreports.org/he...eans-nerve-damage-meralgia-paresthetica-.html

sample:

but the skinny jeans may make you sick. Before you get dressed you may want to consider what neurologists have known for decades, and has recently attracted a flurry of media attention: Snug-fitting pants like skinny jeans can cause nerve damage. The condition, called meralgia paresthetica (MP), is caused by pressure on a nerve in the pelvis that causes a painful, burning, tingling thigh.

MP is only one of a host of medical problems that can be set off if you squeeze into skin-tight slacks. Constrictive clothing has been implicated as a cause of bladder infections, vaginal yeast infections, contact dermatitis, and even blood clots in the legs. It can also interfere with motility in the bowels, causing abdominal pain after a meal. In men, it has been suggested to cause genital heat stress and possible fertility problems.

Okay- I have an update!

I was able to go and try on several brands (J Brand, Citizens, and 7- I chose these three because they seemed youngish without having crazy butt pockets and they were available near where I live) and I am still kind of stuck.

It turns out that J Brand didn't work for me, the low rise were too low rise and the non low rise fit weird. Also, the J Brand seemed to fit really tight through the thigh (which is my biggest area) so I either had to go really tight in the legs or really loose in the waist (I don't want to do alterations).

Citizens worked a lot better, but not perfect. I think that 7 fits my body type the best, but both of them will work.

Now for the sizing dilemma. I was able to try on most of the pairs in both a 25 and a 26 and it is a common theme throughout almost all the jeans I try on. Some 25s were perfect, and some 25s gave me maybe a 1/8" "muffin top" (if you can call it that) just at my hip area on the side. When I sized up to a 26 in those pairs, they were too big. I am judging that by the fact that instead of the top of the waist running parallel (or almost parallel) to the floor like it does in a 25, when I put on the 26 it creates a valley in the middle where the zipper and button is, and then makes it baggy in the crotch.

I am now leaning towards the 25 for a couple of reasons:
1) I don't want them to "sag" in the middle and give me baggy crotch
2) I don't like to have to keep pulling them up, which is what happens in the 26
3) I want to be able to wear them 2-3 times between washings

What do ya'll think now with more info?

Well, I agree with you that you should go with the 25s. In my experience, designer jeans will stretch a little (especially Sevens), so it might even be a good thing that they are a little tight from the get-go, because if you buy them just right, they'll stretch out after a few wears. I'd say go for the 25s in a style that gave you the least muffin top, and try to wash them as little as possible (for example, if these are your "nice" jeans then wear them out to class and when you get back home, change into a junkier pair, then you won't have to wash them as often), and when you do wash, use cold water and line dry.

Well, I agree with you that you should go with the 25s. In my experience, designer jeans will stretch a little (especially Sevens), so it might even be a good thing that they are a little tight from the get-go, because if you buy them just right, they'll stretch out after a few wears. I'd say go for the 25s in a style that gave you the least muffin top, and try to wash them as little as possible (for example, if these are your "nice" jeans then wear them out to class and when you get back home, change into a junkier pair, then you won't have to wash them as often), and when you do wash, use cold water and line dry.

I am using the term muffin top VERY loosely. Even if I put on a thin, tight tee shirt with them you can't see anything, but if I have no shirt off and you look really closely then there is maybe an 1/8" overhang, if that, and only when I'm standing and bending a certain way.

I definitely don't want to be "that girl" wearing jeans that are too tight, but I'm just very afraid if I go up to the 26 that the by the second day, or the beginning of the first day even, I will have saggy bottom and have to keep pulling them up nonstop. I have a pair of 26 right now and they are definitely big after about an hour. I do not plan to put these new ones in the dryer, so that should make a difference.