Jeanne Wallet or Clemence wallet?

Aug 5, 2016
Hi everyone! can you guys please help my deicide between the Jeanne wallet in fuchsia and the clemence wallet in Monogram with fuchsia interior lining?
My concerns with the Jeanne wallet is the glazing, seeing that the natural stress points seem prone to glazing issues. Also I noticed it's alittle difficult to take my receipts in and out, so I would have to stretch the wallet out more to be able to get a good visual of them. BUT I do love the fact that it comes with 2 inserts (coin pouch & card holder).
As for the Clemence, it doesn't seem like it will have any real glazing problems and it provides good security but I've read that it can be a hassle trying to get the cards out of its slots bc of the zipper getting in the way. Also the leather pull tab worries me bc it can get bent between my other items in my purse.
Which do you guys think is a better buy and if you guys have any of them can you please give me your pros and cons to each wallet. Thank you!

Hi everyone! can you guys please help my deicide between the Jeanne wallet in fuchsia and the clemence wallet in Monogram with fuchsia interior lining?
My concerns with the Jeanne wallet is the glazing, seeing that the natural stress points seem prone to glazing issues. Also I noticed it's alittle difficult to take my receipts in and out, so I would have to stretch the wallet out more to be able to get a good visual of them. BUT I do love the fact that it comes with 2 inserts (coin pouch & card holder).
As for the Clemence, it doesn't seem like it will have any real glazing problems and it provides good security but I've read that it can be a hassle trying to get the cards out of its slots bc of the zipper getting in the way. Also the leather pull tab worries me bc it can get bent between my other items in my purse.
Which do you guys think is a better buy and if you guys have any of them can you please give me your pros and cons to each wallet. Thank you!
I've had the Clemence for over a year and a half now and it still looks like it did when it was new. It holds a lot inside due to its design, the zippers are buttery smooth, and getting the cards in and out isn't any more or less difficult than with other accordion-style wallets. Even the leather pull tab looks new - no bending, splitting, fading, etc. - although this is probably because I grab it by the base, not the leather tassels, and take a split moment to be more mindful when putting it back in my purse.
The Jeanne is beautiful but because it's narrower at the base and has those removable pouches it doesn't seem to be able to hold as much inside - this would be perfect for someone who's more of a minimalist though.

Reactions: carrie_monroe
I also have the Clemence in Mono with RB and I have used it for one year straight and I completely agree with what Miss Krys has said above. It's a really great wallet and still looks like new. The card thing is just a matter of trying it out a few times and then you know how to do it, it's not a problem. I can highly recommend it. The size is also perfect, because it's big enough but small enough for bags like the Favourite MM and Twice.

I think the Jeanne looks adorable with the removable pouches but they could get annoying in the wallet - I'd probably use them separately. I prefer the Clemence because I like zip wallets vs. snap/envelope wallets. I don't think the zipper would get in the way and I love the zip compartment inside. I'd go with Clemence :yes:

I had the clemence and didn't like the card slot design. It was also a little too long. I bought the Jeanne in the Teri color and I love it! I love the snap closure and the 2 additional inserts. Good luck deciding!

I had the clemence and didn't like the card slot design. It was also a little too long. I bought the Jeanne in the Teri color and I love it! I love the snap closure and the 2 additional inserts. Good luck deciding!

Are u having any peeling problems on the canvas? I just started noticing that there's peeling on mine a few days ago. I took it in to look at it, and he just sent pictures to someone and said I have to wait a week for them to reply [emoji849] which is really inconvenient

I have a Clemence DE and use it on a daily basis for over a year now. It shows no sign of wear and I couldn't be happier [emoji3]
No problem with cards in and out either.

If I use a small bag like Pochette Acc. I switch to my Cles Empr ;)

GLD [emoji256]

I got the Clemence wallet and so far i love it. I had the same situation as you, I honestly fell in love with the Jeanne wallet when I saw it online. And when I went to go get it my mind was completely changed.

I looked at the Jeanne wallet and as much as it is a beautiful wallet it is way to big, the length is fine but it is too tall. If you were to only use this wallet as itself i think its perfect but to put this wallet in things i think its just way too big. It has alot of room and the detachable items make it very ideal but i couldnt get over the size. Then my SA pursaded me to get the josephine wallet which i loved the size of, it was perfect and I got that in the rose ballerine. It is truly a gorgeous wallet and i brought it home. since i didnt research about this wallet as i did the jeanne i ended up reading everyones reviews and I was not happy that some people's button faded already, that is not okay with me as I am extremely anal and need my items to be flawless. Also, another thing that bothered me was that you could see the inside of the wallet through the sides, and I prefer a much more concealed look. So i went back to exchange it and finally was so happy with the clemence.
The clemence is so beautiful, its slim but holds a ton. Also the all around zipper is a plus for me when i want to use just the wallet or if i want to put it in my bag.

anyways, i am sure you will be happy with whatever you get. When you see it you will def feel it!

Reactions: HandbagDiva354

Hi, I was like you at the beginning hesitating over the Jeanne wallet worrying about the glazing issue, i had a Sarah wallet before and the wallet had a glazing issue (which I took to the LV store to reglaze) I knew that even after reglazing the wallet are bound to have the glazing issue again and I decided to sell it away and buy the Zippy wallet. When I was in the store I saw this Jeanne wallet, I couldn't resist but that 'glazing' issue keep running around my mind, in the end I bought the Zippy wallet in fuschia (I really like this Color fuchsia). Going back and forward I wasn't really happy with the Zippy wallet because Jeanne wallet stole my heart, the next day I decided to go back to the store and change to Jeanne wallet (**** that glazing issue, I told myself, we are suppose to buy what we like right?) I felt so happy and use Jeanne wallet immediately :smile: few days later, I went ahead to buy the Clemence wallet in damier (red interior). Worrying that one day I might need to send my Jeanne wallet for reglazing and I don't have a spare wallet to use. Gd luck in deciding! :smile:

Buying the Jeanne was one of my most regrettable and costly LV wallet regrets. I used it all of two days then sold it. For me, it's too big and the layout with the slim base wasn't space efficient.
The Clemence is a ton better...the design is great and it fits just right in your hand.
Good luck deciding!

Reactions: HandbagDiva354