Jean Schlumberger Fanclub

I bought the Schlumberger 16 stone ring in rose gold this week. I am having second thoughts and wondering if I should have bought it in platinum. What do you think is more beautiful? Showing the ring on my hand.View attachment 5954783
It looks amazing on you. I prefer the RG and YG over the platinum. I love the contrast. I vote for you to keep this.

I bought the Schlumberger 16 stone ring in rose gold this week. I am having second thoughts and wondering if I should have bought it in platinum. What do you think is more beautiful? Showing the ring on my hand.View attachment 5954783

The gold is gorgeous and warm with your skin tone. You can still stack the ring with another set in platinum. Take heart and enjoy!

Reactions: AineOm
I think this design works best with a contrast between the Xs and the icy white of the diamonds. This one is beautiful on you!

If you have more rose gold pieces, then I think I would keep it in rose gold. If you have more white pieces, then I would do the platinum.

For me, I went with the two-tone version, because I like how the X stands out a bit more. I also think it’s a very classic look.

In an ideal world, I would have gotten the sixteen stone ring with alternating yellow diamonds in two-tone. But that version was either all yellow gold or all platinum. I forget. The alternating stones are only available in one metal.

Reactions: BigAkoya
I would go for the platinum & YG two-tone version as well. I agree with @sosauce, the Xs pop, and the combo is iconic.
I'm not a fan of the RG; the color has a tinge of copper/orange against the skin. RG is also not "iconic" Schlumberger (he mostly used YG and, every now and then, platinum); RG is "trendy" Schlumberger in my opinion... food for thought.

This is the two-two version I am referring to... it looks fabulous and will stand the test of time.

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: sosauce
Everyone will have a different opinion. Jewelry is so personal. I’m not a fan of two tone anything, and I think the RG is very nice on your skin. Also not a fan of the WG, but that’s bc I stopped wearing it lol.

Ohh, this discussion is reminding me of the rare or limited edition variations of the 16-stone rings.

Maybe 4 years, there was the alternating pink diamonds in rose gold. And also the alternating yellow diamonds in (I think) yellow gold. Just a few were made, and each one was individually serialized. The price for the yellow diamond version was also quite nice from what I remember.

The other rare version I can think of is the alternating emerald 16-stone ring. Not sure why that one was discontinued.

Otherwise, the options I’m aware of are the current offerings: ruby, blue sapphire, pink sapphire, and tsavorite.

I wonder if there were any other limited combinations? Like demantoid, tanzanite, paraiba, alexandrite, spessartine, etc. Some of those combinations feel very “Schlumberger.”

Everyone will have a different opinion. Jewelry is so personal. I’m not a fan of two tone anything, and I think the RG is very nice on your skin. Also not a fan of the WG, but that’s bc I stopped wearing it lol.
Jewelry is very personal and I don't buy things based on resell or giving it to others completely because styles cycle and what may be a piece that you love to death and have a super low cost per wear may not be someone else's. If you don't wear rose gold then switch it out but if you love it, keep it and enjoy it. I personally think hat it looks lovely on you

Reactions: JulieKat and 880
I’m planning to get this ring this year too! But I am getting the YG/platinum because I like how the X’s pop more (same as what others have said — the YG is more Schlumberger). I’m usually a RG person but not for this ring.

Agree! Some like the two tone because it makes the x's stand out... whereas personally I like how the all gold frames the diamonds without making the x's stand out. :smile:

Reactions: 880
I love the rose gold on you. Suits you very well :smile:

I tried on the gold 16 stone ring today (size 5.5). I'm worried that my knuckles will grow larger with age so not sure if I should size up. (I'm 32). Do people find that their ring size grows as you age? If yes, by how much?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2024-04-23 at 9.49.25 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2024-04-23 at 9.49.25 PM.png
    843.4 KB · Views: 31
Reactions: Cool Breeze