Jaw botox

dinoca

Jun 19, 2020
To those of you who got jaw botox, how noticeable were the results? How many units (first injections as well as touchups)? How long do the results last? What brand? Can you post or DM me before-after pics? Thanks!!

I get Botox on the masseter all the time. If I recall correctly, it was closer to 40 units per side at first but now is 25 units per side for maintenance. Results are very noticeable after a few weeks. I’ve also used Dysport a few times, both of them have great results. Can’t live without it now.

Reactions: dinoca
Results are amazing. Probably the best thing ever.

First time I did about 30 units (split between 2 sides, but not equally because I have asymmetry from chewing on only 1 side of the mouth). I had very bad asymmetry (especially in pictures), and masseter botox reallyyyy helped.
Every 8 months for maybe 4-5 sessions (don't remember exactly).

For maintenance, I do 20-ish units (2 sides, still not split equally)
Every year-ish.

1. Choose clinics that don't dilute the botox
You can actually feel tingling sensations afterwards, and the first few weeks, my jaws were a bit sore when I laughed too hard

2. Choose a good brand (so you won't build tolerance to botox)
I've been recommended by my doctor that any US/UK/German brands are great. My doctor's personal preference is US > Germany > UK. Not sure why though, I've never asked for an explanation, I just stick to Allergen (US brand).

3. Choose a good injector (dermatologist or plastic surgeons)
Only 1 person I know ended up with a lopsided smile for a few months because their injector messed up.
Not very common though.

I get Botox on the masseter all the time. If I recall correctly, it was closer to 40 units per side at first but now is 25 units per side for maintenance. Results are very noticeable after a few weeks. I’ve also used Dysport a few times, both of them have great results. Can’t live without it now.
Thanks so much bisousx! How long did your results last at first and how long do they last now? And do you expect you'll need to continue maintenance injections until old age to maintain results? And would you have before-after photos you'd be able to DM?

Results are amazing. Probably the best thing ever.

First time I did about 30 units (split between 2 sides, but not equally because I have asymmetry from chewing on only 1 side of the mouth). I had very bad asymmetry (especially in pictures), and masseter botox reallyyyy helped.
Every 8 months for maybe 4-5 sessions (don't remember exactly).

For maintenance, I do 20-ish units (2 sides, still not split equally)
Every year-ish.

1. Choose clinics that don't dilute the botox
You can actually feel tingling sensations afterwards, and the first few weeks, my jaws were a bit sore when I laughed too hard

2. Choose a good brand (so you won't build tolerance to botox)
I've been recommended by my doctor that any US/UK/German brands are great. My doctor's personal preference is US > Germany > UK. Not sure why though, I've never asked for an explanation, I just stick to Allergen (US brand).

3. Choose a good injector (dermatologist or plastic surgeons)
Only 1 person I know ended up with a lopsided smile for a few months because their injector messed up.
Not very common though.
Thanks so much ppvlm!! How do you know if the clinic dilute botox? Just keep an eye on them during the procedure?
And do you expect you'll need to continue 20-ish units yearly until old age?

I'm going to DM you questions if that's okay!

Thanks so much ppvlm!! How do you know if the clinic dilute botox? Just keep an eye on them during the procedure?
And do you expect you'll need to continue 20-ish units yearly until old age?

I'm going to DM you questions if that's okay!
Actually botox dilution is not a thing in my country, but I saw a few people from the US commented that it's common there (I assume you're from the US?) especially if you buy promotions/Groupon, etc. so I decided to mention it to you. And I think people just ask the clinic directly about the dilution ratio.

Right now, I think I will maintain this "dosage" until old age, but I've heard people building tolerance to it, so let's see... But so far so good, I think Allergen is amazing.

Sure you can DM me.

I started getting jaw Botox as soon as I was legally allowed to (18yrs old. I am 24 now). According to the nurse injectors I’ve gone to over the years, I have huge masseters that require more Botox. I started off with around 25-30 units per side. It really did the job though and was totally worth it. My face became less square and more oval and my cheekbones stood out more. I got touch ups every 6 months ish. But the pst few times I’ve gone, the Botox has had less and less noticeable effects to the point where it’s become obsolete. My jaw still isn’t as wide as before starting Botox but it’s not the same degree of slimness. I think I developed Botox antibodies in that area from continued use. I am now looking into facial contouring in Korea as an alternative

I started getting jaw Botox as soon as I was legally allowed to (18yrs old. I am 24 now). According to the nurse injectors I’ve gone to over the years, I have huge masseters that require more Botox. I started off with around 25-30 units per side. It really did the job though and was totally worth it. My face became less square and more oval and my cheekbones stood out more. I got touch ups every 6 months ish. But the pst few times I’ve gone, the Botox has had less and less noticeable effects to the point where it’s become obsolete. My jaw still isn’t as wide as before starting Botox but it’s not the same degree of slimness. I think I developed Botox antibodies in that area from continued use. I am now looking into facial contouring in Korea as an alternative
Do you have before-after photos of your jaw that you'd be comfortable sharing, ducky?
I'd be worried that after thousands of dollars spent, I'd develop tolerance. How much % is your jaw back to its original state (vs. what it looked like when botox was working)?

ppvlm and ducky it helps to know that people develop tolerance to it. Something I'll have to factor in. :sad:

@ducky0912 may I know which brand botox did you use? I'll have to look into tolerance as I'm afraid to build up tolerance as well

You don't have to worry about tolerance tbh. Its not really significant when used for the jaw. The reason being once you do it enough, about 6 times, with first two injections being 3 months apart, then the later ones being 6-8 months apart, what it does is your muscles become semi atrophied. I've used botox for the masseter for nearly 20 years now. I havent had any botox in my jaw for over 2 years my jaw muscles are still weak. As in, if I go to the dentist its tiring to keep my mouth wide open for more than 3 mins.

The first 10 years Ive always used allergen and allergen only. Subsequently because of my frequent trips to korea I would use bottulux. Now because of covid I just switch it up with whats available at the time. FYI Dysport is trash. I used so many units and barely any improvement.

Reactions: ppvlm
Oh thats great then. I've been using Allergen only for the past (almost) 10 years and never had issue, but was just worried if it's gonna come like 15-20years down the road. I guess not.

Reactions: K Couture