Janet Jackson

Janet Jackson Breaks Down Her Most Iconic Music Videos for Allure Magazine

Also some recent Janet pictures

With Terri Harris (who has been one of Janet's assistants for 25 years)
FJWP-o6XwAUFk0o.jpg

With Joey Harris (Senior Vice President of Janet's label Rhythm Nation) and Jareiq Kabara (A&R of Janet's label Rhythm Nation)
Joey_Janet_Jareiq.jpg

Last edited:
Janet Jackson Breaks Down Her Most Iconic Music Videos for Allure Magazine

Also some recent Janet pictures

With Terri Harris (who has been one of Janet's assistants for 25 years)
View attachment 5304380

With Joey Harris (Senior Vice President of Janet's label Rhythm Nation) and Jareiq Kabara (A&R of Janet's label Rhythm Nation)
View attachment 5304378

She looks good! Yikes, I remember her on Diff'rent Strokes! How old am I? :shocked::wtf:

Anyone watching her documentary? I watched two eps so far.

The baby rumor with her first husband…gosh I haven’t heard that one in years.

Meanwhile, I grew up listening to DeBarge but never knew how tragic their lives were until recently. Things were hidden so well back in the day.

Reactions: uhpharm01
I really liked the documentary. I don't think there were any major revelations but at the same time Janet did tell some things that weren't known to the public. I did love all the unseen/behind the scenes footage in every episode. I feel like the documentary actually could've been longer. Though a lot was shown and said in 4 episodes since it is known Janet has always had cameras shooting behind the scenes footage and also since aspects of her career weren't mentioned in the documentary she easily could've made the documentary a 8 to 12 episode docuseries.

Not necessarily surprising but she was really emotional at certain times when she talked about Joe, Michael, and her relationships with men (specifically when she was talking about James but that wasn't necessarily surprising to me because if you've heard her talk about James in the past it always came across like she wanted to do so much more for him but she was so young when they were together and he had so many issues like his drug addiction, him being abusive towards her, and him suffering abuse from his own family members so he needed help beyond what Janet could give).

What also came across in the documentary is that Joe being her father really effected her in good ways (like it influenced her work ethic that made her become such a great performer) and in bad ways. She acknowledges the "vision" Joe had for the family but also acknowledges how he went about things weren't always right.

I thought what was really clear based on the last episode is that Janet enjoys being a mother to her son Eissa more than anything else she does. Like she doesn't necessarily say she wants to retire but she also pretty much says fine just being a mother to her son Eissa.

Last edited:
I agree with your entire post @Morgan R! The behind the scenes with older footage captured so much and really helped weave the story. I enjoyed her openness but she was careful not to be too open. She touched upon controversial topics such as nipple gate etc., but didn’t really give us a bone to chew on.

The Michael scenes were so sad. She did give us some details about the Scream video that I had no idea about. Can you imagine being sepearated intentionally from a sibling bc of a record label? Talk about power over the ppl. Not to mention it’s MJ we are talking about! He was so innocent and never grew up mentally that it was probably so easy to manipulate him.

I also felt she talked about all the “important” men in her life but didn’t mention current husband. Like, not even a line or two! It is after all a documentary.

Reactions: Morgan R
I agree with your entire post @Morgan R! The behind the scenes with older footage captured so much and really helped weave the story. I enjoyed her openness but she was careful not to be too open. She touched upon controversial topics such as nipple gate etc., but didn’t really give us a bone to chew on.

The Michael scenes were so sad. She did give us some details about the Scream video that I had no idea about. Can you imagine being sepearated intentionally from a sibling bc of a record label? Talk about power over the ppl. Not to mention it’s MJ we are talking about! He was so innocent and never grew up mentally that it was probably so easy to manipulate him.

I also felt she talked about all the “important” men in her life but didn’t mention current husband. Like, not even a line or two! It is after all a documentary.

The Michael parts were sad. You could clearly tell Janet just wanted to be there to support Michael but his label/some of the people around Michael wanted to make what they were doing a competition. Even beyond "Scream" Janet essentially acknowledges the people around him didn't seem to want his family and people that knew him for a long time around. Clearly some of those people around Michael didn't have the best interest for him/essentially were taking advantage of him.

Regarding Janet not talking about her most recent husband I actually wasn't surprised by that. I think she didn't say anything because it is public knowledge they didn't necessarily end their relationship on the best of terms but at the same time they still do co-parent their son. I actually didn't think she was going to say anything much about him (only for her to end up not mentioning him at all).

I think what I would have really liked more in the documentary is if we saw more of Janet's creative process. There was footage of her writing the lyrics for "Rhythm Nation" and "Scream" as well as glimpses of her in various studio sessions but I think it would've been great to see more of her creative process. For example kind of surprised Janet's The Velvet Rope album was barely mentioned in the documentary. Especially because in the documentary she acknowledges some of her issues and those issues are what Janet in the past has acknowledged are what made her have an emotional breakdown after the Janet. World Tour as well as what led to her dealing with depression and anxiety while she was she was making The Velvet Rope (which caused her to show up late as well as completly avoid some studio sessions for The Velvet Rope album).

Last edited:
Reactions: meluvs2shop