Jackets / Coats with the oversized fur hoods - thoughts and suggestions

Can I ask? I have seen a 'Mr and Mrs Italy' coat lined in fox with a beautiful raccoon collar. It's natural colour but with a bit of pink on the hood. Hard to describe really but it looks lovely. It is however £3200 (ouch).

I have also seen a 'Max and Moi' coat also lined in fox and again with raccoon as a huge collar. It looks identical save for the colour. It is £1050.

Am I missing something? I just wanted to check before I invest.

They were in Harvey Nichols and Flannels.

Apologies I have no photos.

Can I ask? I have seen a 'Mr and Mrs Italy' coat lined in fox with a beautiful raccoon collar. It's natural colour but with a bit of pink on the hood. Hard to describe really but it looks lovely. It is however £3200 (ouch).

I have also seen a 'Max and Moi' coat also lined in fox and again with raccoon as a huge collar. It looks identical save for the colour. It is £1050.

I guess just look amd assess the quality. I really cannot see how, if they are both lined with the same fur the price difference should be so much.

It is possible that one uses pieces of fur and one used full pelts but given this is only the lining - £3000 seems too high.

FYI it's best to try this style on....

Mr and Mrs coats are beautiful but IMHO for tall people. When I tried one on last year the drawstring waist was at my hips! The proportions did not work for me (I am 5'4").

Yves Salomon Army is also gorgeous and fashionable but not for the petite. That one got returned to Barney's...just too much coat.

I wound up buying a long winter white parka with fur hood and front trim (inside of front) by Alessandra Chamonix. Actually it was the least expensive one (maybe $1400?) I tried on and it fit me the best! The trick: as gorgeous and luxe as a full fur lining is, unless you are rail thin AND you plan to leave the coat open all the time, it looks too bulky. Hood and front is sufficient for the look and if the coat is well made it will be plenty warm!

It looks similar to this, but a different color:

IMG_1504495219.624224.jpg

Have you tried Nicole Benisi? I think they are a Canadian brand but are in sale worldwide. I really wouldn't rule out getting a furrier to enhance a coat you already own though.

May I ressurect this thread?

These coats are everywhere in England. They sell some lovely ones in Harvey Nichols but they are not cheap. I tried one on lined in fox but a huge raccoon collar and whilst it was lovely it was a few thouasand.

I have since found a supplier from China that can supply the hoods. He is pretty good except he takes a few weeks to get the fur to you. The benefit of this guy is that he shows you the actual collar that is coming your way - the exact one. A collar delivered is around £60! So obviously huge savings. You then need to get it on the coat but I cannot imagine this to be a big job.

Some sellers from China (Wish and Alibaba) sell the coats lined in rabbit but I fear it might shed?

Hope this info is of use to someone a d if anyone wants the details DM me by all means.

Reactions: Flip88