J12 - With the price, how long this look will last?

glistenpearls

Ex-Sydneysider
O.G.
Sep 29, 2006
I've been thinking about getting J12 watch especially the new black ceramic with rose gold. But since they are quite expensive, will this look last a long time? I mean I know J12 has been around for quite a bit, but for how many more years?

I personally really love the look ever since they came out (I'm not into girly watches), but not until I saw it again at NM's The Book that I started to think about it again. What do you think? Mind you my most expensive watch only cost 2K. So J12 will be quite a jump :P

Hello. I had the same thoughts before I got my J12 from my hubby as a bday gift....but now that I have it, I absolutely :heart: it...I wear it every day (work and all)..and think it'll be a piece I'll cherish for a long time to make the price worth it.....

I just got my 33mm black J12 last week and I LOVE LOVE it so much!!

I had the same concern before I committed to purchase my J12.
I usually buy myself a luxury watch every 2-3 years and my budget was around 2.5-3K this time (my most expensive watch was 2K - just like you!)
I had been looking all the info and comment from other tPFers and I finally decided to give J12 a try.

And the result is 100% happy....
I wear it everyday.
It is a gorgeous piece (although it's quite expensive) and I think I will keep it for a long time!

My suggestion: try the J12 (different models) in a local dealer or Chanel boutique as many times as possible. If you like the watch so much and thinking the one you want (the black ceramic with rose gold) is too expensive for you - go with something with less money. You will love it!

Good luck!:happydance:

Even though I don't own a J12, I always buy men's watches for their bigness; I've been doing this for many many years (even before it was vogue). IOW I wouldn't let the size stop me for one second.

If you like it, then you will continue to love and wear it despite watch trends. IMO, it's a great look... it's not my style at all, but it looks good on others! :smile: I would definitely try on a bunch of sizes/models to see what you love (you may surprise yourself :P) and go from there. :smile:

i love my j12..... wear it every day! love love love.... i bought it for myself because personally i just love the design and how it feels. a lot of other people have complimented me on the watch.. but i don't think that's the main reason why i got it.

I do really love it :love: but yes, I'm normally careful buying watches since I want it to last a long time and not looking overly trendy. My current favorite watch and my most expensive watch I have so far, I bought it since 2001 and it doesnt look dated at all and I still think they are trendy to this day. I took care of it and have it polished once a year.
So I want something like that again. I just dont want to say "what am I thinking" in another 7/8 yrs time lol

But thank you for your suggestions again, I need to go inspect them myself and try them on!

Hmm... sorry to hijack your thread, glistenpearl!

But im just curious to know what sort of movement does J12 use? I've photos of the watch on the reference thread, and also thought that the design's really classy. But then again, personally, I wont invest in a watch that uses quartz movement.. So, please dont tell me tht it is indeed quartz movement! =X

The Austin NM carries J12s in the Precious Jewelry section. I just purchased the 33mm black with diamond markers last week. Ask for Mark in Precious Jewelry or Lauren in Chanel! They are both wonderful and very patient.