I’ve wanted a Chanel for years. I finally bought one yesterday.. and I’m returning it today.

asvalentine22

Aug 18, 2011
Hello! This is my first post here, but I’ve been a lurker for years. I’ve been dreaming of a Chanel flap my whole adult life, and I finally purchased a beige lambskin mini yesterday. I knew before even walking out of the store that this was a bad decision. I have always wanted black caviar, but I got so caught up in the dream of owning a Chanel that I stopped using all the rational parts of my brain and just went for it.

I went home and unboxed my beautiful bag, and I just felt my heart sink. This isn’t the bag I’ve been dreaming of. This isn’t the feeling I thought I’d have when I finally owned a Chanel! It kept me up all night, knowing I spent nearly $4k on something I don’t want. I’m taking it back to return this morning, and I will again be left with my dream of a black caviar flap. They don’t even have that color combo available anywhere in the country, so it’ll remain a dream.

I’ve decided to wait a while and save up for the medium size so I can have exactly what I’ve always envisioned. But I learned a big lesson in impulse shopping. I have several Louis, Gucci, YSL, and I’ve never felt guilty about any of those splurges. This one was so different in price point, and I have to remind myself that even though I am still a huge lover of designer bags, it is still just a bag, and the perfect Chanel is still out there for me one day in the future. Hopefully someone out there can relate to my experience. Thanks for letting me get this off my chest today!

Hello! This is my first post here, but I’ve been a lurker for years. I’ve been dreaming of a Chanel flap my whole adult life, and I finally purchased a beige lambskin mini yesterday. I knew before even walking out of the store that this was a bad decision. I have always wanted black caviar, but I got so caught up in the dream of owning a Chanel that I stopped using all the rational parts of my brain and just went for it.

I went home and unboxed my beautiful bag, and I just felt my heart sink. This isn’t the bag I’ve been dreaming of. This isn’t the feeling I thought I’d have when I finally owned a Chanel! It kept me up all night, knowing I spent nearly $4k on something I don’t want. I’m taking it back to return this morning, and I will again be left with my dream of a black caviar flap. They don’t even have that color combo available anywhere in the country, so it’ll remain a dream.

I’ve decided to wait a while and save up for the medium size so I can have exactly what I’ve always envisioned. But I learned a big lesson in impulse shopping. I have several Louis, Gucci, YSL, and I’ve never felt guilty about any of those splurges. This one was so different in price point, and I have to remind myself that even though I am still a huge lover of designer bags, it is still just a bag, and the perfect Chanel is still out there for me one day in the future. Hopefully someone out there can relate to my experience. Thanks for letting me get this off my chest today!

aww.. i know that feeling of buyer’s remorse and i certainly hate when i get that! with the skyrocketing increase of chanel prices, it really is better to wait for the ONE. but then i again, i understand that our impulses get the better of us sometimes. it takes a certain amount of discipline and will-power to resist the beauty of a chanel bag! so if you are not 100% on it, i support you! good luck in your quest! just think of it as a great bag adventure. all the best!

It’s such a shame Chanel stop making caviar minis ,unfortunately they are not available worldwide as no longer in production,it was Chanel move to push people spend more money on classic flap and take away from so popular south after caviar minis ,but what they gain all shops full off lambskin minis and nobody buys them

Reactions: Classy_Sam
Oh girl I don't blame you! Ive been in search of a New medium boy in So Black lambskin... Im so tempted by a caviar one I found but its just not what I want, want. :sad: Goodluck and hold off it'll be so worth it!

Buying Chanel is asking for a lot of patience. A long wait untill finally the perfect bag comes along.
Good thing you returned it.

If I go in a Chanel boutique to buy anything, it has to be love at first sight, otherwise I know I will regret my purchase later.

You made the right decision.
I’ve always wanted a classic flap but never thought about buying it since it’s so expensive.
I was in Paris this month and went to the Chanel Boutique to buy the coco handle since it’s cheaper and very pretty.
But they did not have any left in Paris. The SA let me try on a Classic Flap and I totally forgot about the top handle... I was wearing my dream bag for the first time! :love:
It looked so much prettier and way more luxurious than the coco handle but I couldn’t ignore the price
Anyway after having a lunch with my mother we discussed the cons and pros of buying a classic flap and I went back to the boutique to buy it! It’s very expensive I couldn’t believe how much i spent on a bag but I have no regrets. It’s my dream bag. It just feels right. Wait for yours too! It’s worth it.

Attachments

• 4D9BF10D-9A83-4551-ADD4-D1E56C279BB9.jpeg
    4D9BF10D-9A83-4551-ADD4-D1E56C279BB9.jpeg
    149 KB · Views: 858
  • E400DC0A-A2BE-48B1-9952-F16F2EE2A3A0.jpeg
    E400DC0A-A2BE-48B1-9952-F16F2EE2A3A0.jpeg
    182 KB · Views: 855
If caviar classic medium is truly your dream bag you should hold out and get exactly what you love. I would like to say that I have caviar and lambskin and the lambskin is really not that difficult to take care of IMO, in darker colors. I do baby my bags but caviar or lambskin look equally new after years of use.

You are right to follow your instinct, stay on target and wait for your dream bag. Given the price of these our hearts need to skip time we look at them! If the mini doesn’t do this, it doesn’t matter how hard to get or ‘of the moment’ it is, it will never fill the gap and if financially it stops you buying your holy grail bag you may never really enjoy it. Well done for making a quick decision!

You are making the right decision. I've had buyers remorse before, and you are so lucky you have the option of returning this bag. Don't settle for less than what your heart desires, and you are so lucky you realized that before it was too late and you could not return. If you plan to own your bag for an indefinite period of time, then the cost-per-wear will balance it out. I have owned my first two Chanel bags for over 25 years now. Best of luck to you!

Reactions: MrsJDS and alisil
I know how you feel...I’ve waited about 2 years to get the mini in black caviar, and that is after so many disappointments and frustrations. Many times I thought about giving up or buy a different bag or settle on a woc instead. But in the end, I think it’s totally worth the wait. That feeling of obtaining your dream bag is indescribable by words :smile: