I've Lost that Lov'in Feeling

LLANeedle

O.G.
Oct 5, 2007
Be forewarned, this post might be long. I'm now the proud owner of three BV bags that have peels in the leather. First was my noce braided handle tote then my nero cervo hobo. Both have been discussed in another thread and I found I was not the only one with this problem. Well, thanks to great sunlight streaming through the windows, I see I have a peel on my very new ebano belly veneta where the woven leather meets the plain leather on the strap. I'm not happy! I refuse to think it has anything to do with the way I use my bags. Many days they don't even leave the house. I don't have a cat. I don't use public transportation nor am I ever in crowded places where I'm bumped. And I've never had a problem like this with any other brand. I'm so bummed I even wandered into LV to see what new styles they have since my first one lasted 10 years and I carried it 365 days a year. Before you all say send the bag back to BV, I did that with the noce tote. They glued it. My SA had it happen to her Julie. BV considers it wear but I'm assuming she had the bag a long time and used it frequently. All three of my bags developed these peels soon after they were purchased. What can I say other than I've lost the BV love.

LLANeedle, I am so very sorry to hear this!!! - and especially on three BV bags!:cry: I cannot blame you one bit for losing that loving feeling... I would feel exactly the same way. Can you please take a picture of what you have? - and can you put up some links to the other thread?... I missed it.

To date, I have not had this experience... but I will look through all my BV's and let you know if I do. I might have suggested that it was a cervo thing, but with the belly veneta it could be an issue for nappa, too. IMO, it is not acceptable in a new bag... and with care these bags should last for years. I have seen damage in new, right out of the boutique bags... a cabat, for one. Instead of sending the cabat back to Italy for repair, they just passed it to another store for resale - or so I heard from a very reliable source.

With regard to the repair on your noce tote, gluing it is almost something that you could have done, and I know that does not feel as if they are taking this very seriously. Maybe, we (on this forum) have an exaggerated view of the quality control and, possibly, customer service... There have been many complaints listed here, but once taken back to the store, most of us find a good fix... repair or replacement - especially if brand new. Haikurupanda (hope I spelled it right, T.) had multiple problems... her rame ostrich belly, her lilac cabat and her SO ottone capri. It does happen!!! I wish that I had a solution to offer, but I am just saddened. Hopefully others will weigh in. What will you do with your other peeling bags?

LLANeedle--you have every right to feel that way. :hugs:

I was a Chanel lover for a long time and there were 4 bags in a row that I purchased that had major problems. I just can't get my head around having such expensive bags that have issues so quickly--no matter who the designer is.

When I started hearing about the issues with the cervo bags I got rid of mine before they developed the issues. The only one I have hung on to is my cocker. I guess we are seeing that it isn't just the cervo though.

I would feel exactly the same, in your shoes. My knock-around BV is an old Cervo braided handle tote and hasn't had a problem other than I had them re-line it due to my own stupidity with a pen/ink. But for the prices we pay, we have a right to expect top quality and better service than glueing, frankly.

So it may be Nappa in addition to Cervo? Ugh. I've put BV up on a pedestal; it may not be fully deserved. They need to look into this to correct the problem with quality and craftsmanship AND keep the customer happy.

Let us know if you learn any more or get a better response. I'm so sorry this has happened on several bags, LLANeedle.

I am really sorry this happened to you :sad:
I remember how excited you were about the belly Veneta, this is unacceptable especially with 3 handbags
Strange enough, I am falling out of love but for totally different reasons.

I am so sorry to hear this. I've not had any problems and if I did, would hope that BV would correct them.

Juda - your post makes me so sad. I hope you are ok.

Thank you kroquet, no need to be sad and thank you for your concern
I am not feeling the love partly because it is my mistake (and of course Ethel mistake)
I bought many BVs in a short period and I am overwhelmed by BV.

:back2topic:

Last edited:
http://forum.purseblog.com/bottega-veneta/cervo-hobo-523591-14.html

Baggiana, the above should take you to the pic I posted in the cervo hobo thread. The peels are all the same, very small and superficial. It reminds me of how sunburned skin peels.

I plan to glue them myself. I can't say that BV did such an outstanding job that I feel like sending them the bags.

Thanks for all the kind supportive words everyone. I'm sorry others have had similar issues but misery likes company.

I'm off to the river for three days....with Prada, not BV!!!

I'm so sorry about this.
I'm new to the BV world but, anyway, I feel like echoing what everyone else already said above. I agree on every point, couldn't have said it better.
That said, I hope BV takes notice of loyal customers like you voicing their disappointment.
I know keeping up the high quality work is becoming increasingly hard,having to face the crisis and with China as a (pressing) competitor, but BV made a clear choice of target selection and any faux pas could be fatal at this point. Hope they have a clear enough view of the situation.

Enjoy your trip to the river...and your Prada.

LLANeedle, This should NEVER happen and I'll bet if you make a big enough stink at the headquarters office, they will correct it! I know you are understandably turned off and anyone in your shoes would feel the same! In fact, I call it monetary rape when something like that happens! To be entirely turned off to BV is totally understandable considering what you are going through but I would imagine you have the right to be heard and have the situation corrected!

I am so very sorry this has happened to you!!! I wish you all the luck and hope this problem gets remedied and soon! :sad::flowers:

If you send a letter to them following up a phone call, I would hope they would pay serious attention to you as they have a reputation to maintain!!

:crybaby:I'm so so sad for you that you are feeling that way LLANeedle....I would feel the same way. I'm very picky about my bags, and this problem really would bother me. It should NOT be an issue in a brand at this price point. If there are problems, BV should stand behind their products 100%. It is disappointing to hear that this is not the case....

LLANeedle - I have two cervo bags: a nero backpack from the late 90's which I bought heavily used but looking beautiful on the exterior, and an ebano large circle bag from around 2003 (when the numbers still had letter for colors). The backpack is smoother, and the circle bag is heavily textured and very meaty feeling. Both have been used quite a bit, but the only wear to the leather is on the shoulder straps... the strap edges for the backpack, and wear-off of the color with the circle hobo where the straps go through the leather gathers and get a lot of wear. There are no peals, tears, scratches, etc., and I have never had either re-conditioned. I wear the circle quite a bit, especially lately... so, perhaps there are problems with the tanning of the hides in more recent batches.

BV corporate should be told about this, and they could track the problem. My older cervo handbags are aging without any problems, while newer cervo bags are pealing!!! I do think that a letter and pictures are in order! Perhaps, several letter from different customers would make an impression.

Just a thought: Perhaps, we should also have a thread specifically on cervo bags where we give the age, amount of wear, style, color and keep track of what we are seeing. It would help new buyers - and help BV, too.

LLANeedle - I have two cervo bags: a nero backpack from the late 90's which I bought heavily used but looking beautiful on the exterior, and an ebano large circle bag from around 2003 (when the numbers still had letter for colors). The backpack is smoother, and the circle bag is heavily textured and very meaty feeling. Both have been used quite a bit, but the only wear to the leather is on the shoulder straps... the strap edges for the backpack, and wear-off of the color with the circle hobo where the straps go through the leather gathers and get a lot of wear. There are no peals, tears, scratches, etc., and I have never had either re-conditioned. I wear the circle quite a bit, especially lately... so, perhaps there are problems with the tanning of the hides in more recent batches.

BV corporate should be told about this, and they could track the problem. My older cervo handbags are aging without any problems, while newer cervo bags are pealing!!! I do think that a letter and pictures are in order! Perhaps, several letter from different customers would make an impression.

Just a thought: Perhaps, we should also have a thread specifically on cervo bags where we give the age, amount of wear, style, color and keep track of what we are seeing. It would help new buyers - and help BV, too.

Baggiana, please start one.