It's like a pimple break out below the eyebrows!

serenityxd

Oct 26, 2011
Can someone please explain to me what's causing these pimples occuring below the eyebrows area and above my eye? :sad:

I've got like 10 pimples around the area above my eye and it's irritating me because how the !@#$ did it even cause that? Like why not somewhere else on the face but that one special spot!

I have another off topic question.. What products could I use to get rid of pimples especially the whitehead looking things? like you can't see it but you feel it.. and whenever I actually did pick on it.. it turns into a scar on my face..

My knee jerk reaction is it sounds like an eye shadow allergic reaction. You can develop a reaction like that, even to products you've used a while. Or, an ew shadow or eye cream could have gotten a bit tainted from a germ on your fingers or something. Have you replaced the products you use there?

1. Get rid of your eye make, eye creams, contacts, contact solution....etc Anything near your eyes - garbage!

2. For things you can't get rid of (eg glasses, sunnies), wipe them well with a sanitizing wipe.

3. Go see a physician if the bumps don't go down in a week after abstaining from eye products. You may have an allergic reaction, but my gut instinct tells me it's not. It seems something more chronic, therefore might be a chronic auto-infection type of thing going on.

4. If you do have an eye infection, in the mean time, do not use any eye products unless absolutely necessary. Go see a doc if you have discharge, tearing, blurry vision, photophobia, feeling of foreign body, changes in visual acuity, obvious redness, swelling, difficulty breathing, throat swelling...etc

5. Your doc may give you some topical or oral antiobiotics or anti-histamines as a trial.

6. After treatment if the bumps are still there, they could be styes, cysts, or other gland blockages on your eyes which are all pretty common and normal. Your doc may refer you to see a dermatologist or ophthalmologist.

7. Only for cosmetic reasons, you may want to have the big ones removed... but I don't think they're necessary. Lots of people have these benign skin conditions.

What products could I use to get rid of pimples especially the whitehead looking things? like you can't see it but you feel it.. and whenever I actually did pick on it.. it turns into a scar on my face..

OP, don't pick!!! Comedones and milia (not blackheads) generally don't have surface access so if you're forcing them out the likelihood of scars is big; they have no "escape route", so to speak. They typically need removal with a sterile lancet, which can also cause scars if used improperly.

My knee jerk reaction is it sounds like an eye shadow allergic reaction. You can develop a reaction like that, even to products you've used a while. Or, an ew shadow or eye cream could have gotten a bit tainted from a germ on your fingers or something. Have you replaced the products you use there?

Thanks for the reply, I don't use any eyeshadow, just been using liquid eyeliner and that's about it :P I wonder if it's the concealer I've been using but recently I found a pimple reducing cream and that helped me well!

1. Get rid of your eye make, eye creams, contacts, contact solution....etc Anything near your eyes - garbage!

2. For things you can't get rid of (eg glasses, sunnies), wipe them well with a sanitizing wipe.

3. Go see a physician if the bumps don't go down in a week after abstaining from eye products. You may have an allergic reaction, but my gut instinct tells me it's not. It seems something more chronic, therefore might be a chronic auto-infection type of thing going on.

4. If you do have an eye infection, in the mean time, do not use any eye products unless absolutely necessary. Go see a doc if you have discharge, tearing, blurry vision, photophobia, feeling of foreign body, changes in visual acuity, obvious redness, swelling, difficulty breathing, throat swelling...etc

5. Your doc may give you some topical or oral antiobiotics or anti-histamines as a trial.

6. After treatment if the bumps are still there, they could be styes, cysts, or other gland blockages on your eyes which are all pretty common and normal. Your doc may refer you to see a dermatologist or ophthalmologist.

7. Only for cosmetic reasons, you may want to have the big ones removed... but I don't think they're necessary. Lots of people have these benign skin conditions.

Thanks for the list of advices! I ended up getting some cream called OXY 5 and that helped it well so the bumps have surely gone down which is a good thing because it was on the side where my fringe doesn't cover and just looked like I was sick.

I've had a cyst before and that was quite bad, blurred up my eye sight and everything but had that removed 2 years ago! I'm glad there are people out there who are happy to help me answer questions haha

OP, don't pick!!! Comedones and milia (not blackheads) generally don't have surface access so if you're forcing them out the likelihood of scars is big; they have no "escape route", so to speak. They typically need removal with a sterile lancet, which can also cause scars if used improperly.

I've been trying my best to not pick on them all my life, it's just impossible to forget about once you take notice of them but I think it's not as bad as it used to be anymore :smile: Damn, I wish there was an easier way to get rid of them than having a treatment done! Thanks for the help!

OP, are you Asian? (Just looking at your photo.) I'm half Chinese so my background isn't always obvious. The first time I went to my new aesthetician she commented it was interesting because it looked like I had "Asian skin" - more oil, sebum, smaller pores, things mostly trapped beneath the surface like the problems you mentioned. I told her my heritage and she was like "Oh! that explains it" :smile:

I don't know about your eye issue but I can tell you what I do for my clogged pores beneath the surface which are mostly on my cheek areas. They will stay there until they're extracted; they don't come to the surface and go away like normal whiteheads. The larger ones you can see easily, especially if I stretch my skin. They can easily be felt if I run my hands over my face, as you mentioned.

The best remedy is visiting my aesthetician for a facial and extractions. I try to do that at least once every two months but can't always fit it into my schedule. So... as I can't always do that regularly and don't want to wait months in between extractions I do some clean-up at home. I gently exfoliate in the shower with a scrub (I alternate between Clinique's two face scrubs). Then, if I need to open pores more, I use Conair's facial steamer for maybe 10 minutes. Then, when I'm ready to do some extractions (and I don't always do all of them) I use sterile throw-away lancets to help bring out the stubborn ones. I use finger cots too to minimize the transfer of bacteria. Afterward, I disinfect with an antibacterial toner and some zaps with a high-frequency machine. These are all products you can buy to use in your home.

I wouldn't suggest anyone/everyone do this. For me, though, it's necessary because my skin will just keep getting more clogged until it's cleaned. And I will say that I've found a direct relationship between me eating junk food (dairy!!!) and how much those issues crop up :sad:

I would say it might be caused by wearing sunglasses. I live in Florida so I wear mine constantly and wash them daily. The combination of heat, make up and sunglasses laying on your skin for long periods of time is not healthy for the skin.

I noticed the occasional pimple around my eyebrows before and once I connected it to that's where my sunglasses lay on my skin, I started to wash them daily. Sure enough, the problem stopped. :smile:

I think they're millia seeds! You might be using stuff that's too oily for your eye area.. Either that or it might be an allergic reaction. Pls see a derm & DO NOT SQUEEZE! Scars are harder to treat than the original problem.. OMG I really hope u can get rid of it quickly.. It sounds painful & scary.