Item never received from Bonanzle seller... now what?

Status
Not open for further replies.

margaritaxmix

Apr 5, 2007
I ordered an item on Jan 21st from a seller in Tennessee. I live in Maryland. I also ordered a bracelet from Singapore and even that has come already.

A few days ago, I emailed the seller asking her what's up and that if the item doesn't come next week, I will file a claim for a full refund. She doesn't reply to the email. I e-mailed her again yesterday with the same sentence, and was refunded $13 out of the $15 I paid a couple hours later. I received no reply to the message itself regarding whether or not my item was sent or not.

I know it's only $2, but I personally feel it's wrong to take money from a buyer when you have no rights whatsoever to it. If she actually sent the item, then I wouldn't mind if she kept it. But as she never directly replied to me, I have no clue whether or not the item was actually sent.

Should I ask her again whether or not the item was sent? Should I fight her for the remaining $2?

Well I am highly principled and so yes I would get a bee in my bonnet about that.
It just seems rude a) not to reply and b) to give you 86% of your money back (needed a calculator for that one!)
I would contact the seller again and ask for an explanation or shipping info.
Do you think she kept the $2 to cover Bonanzle fees?
Even so it's a bit off!

^ Thanks, I think I may end up asking her again and again. My only concern is that she'll just keep ignoring me.

She even has 3 more similar items listed, and I wonder what will happen if people buy those...

Tell seller that IF she is going to refund you and NOT SHIP anything, then you would very much appreciate a FULL refund.
$2?? WTH? If this is a BONZ fee... (a) she can get it back by notifying BONZ of the termination of the transaction AND (b) if SHE canceled the transaction, then she's not entitled to recoup her fee from YOU.
If you cannot resolve this w/ the seller, notify BONZ. [email protected] And file a complaint w/ PP.

It's not about the $2... but the fact that if the seller is canceling the transaction, then she has no right to keep ANY of your money.

Did you pay with Paypal? You could always open an INR claim?!
Also have you contacted Bonanzle?
Yes, I paid with Paypal, but not with an account... it was with a credit card through Paypal. And no, I have not contacted Bonanzle.

I just e-mailed the seller again asking for a simple explanation of what really went wrong.. guess I'll see how I go from there depending on if I get a response or not.

Ellie Mae - Thanks so much for your response, I most def agree that it really isn't as much about the $2 as it is my frustration that someone would actually do that. Will contact Bonanzle if a reply isn't received by the end of the week.

Okay so now I feel absolutely terrible.

Here is the reply:

"Yes, I do have the item. My daughter was killed in a car accident and I have been trying to deal with that. I’m sorry that I didn’t deal with it in a professional manner but the skirt has not been on my priority list. I had the amount I refunded in my paypal account and am waiting for my money to transfer to complete your refund. I am sorry that you are unhappy but my life has been turned upside down with the loss of my 17 year old and the day I refunded your money was the first time I had been on the computer since. So there is your explanation and your $2 will be following."

Well.. bless her heart. Sadly, there is no way that a buyer can KNOW something like that has happened. So, all you can do is offer your condolences and that you meant no ill will towards her, and when you were emailing inquiring about the item you had no way to know that such tragedy had occurred.

Well.. bless her heart. Sadly, there is no way that a buyer can KNOW something like that has happened. So, all you can do is offer your condolences and that you meant no ill will towards her, and when you were emailing inquiring about the item you had no way to know that such tragedy had occurred.
I still feel terrible, but I guess it is some relief that I had no way of knowing. I definitely am offering her all my condolences and assuring her that I will keep her in my thoughts and wishes.

This thread can now be closed.

I still feel terrible, but I guess it is some relief that I had no way of knowing. I definitely am offering her all my condolences and assuring her that I will keep her in my thoughts and wishes.

This thread can now be closed.

I know, and I would too. But feel bad for what happened to her, not that you made inquiry while this was happening to her.

Keep in mind you don't know what happened. You only know what she said happened.
That did flash through my mind upon receiving the message, but what can I say, you know? "How do I know you're telling the truth?"

At this point... it's $2, not $200. I will give her the benefit of the doubt as I do believe her story, and in the event she is lying ... I believe in karma.

You can always try googling the name the paypal payment was sent to. Something like "Smith & Tennessee". Doesn't mean anything if you don't get a response though.

I would just move on at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.