Italian sizing help!

I'm presuming you are talking Italian to US sizing

Women's Italian 42 is approx 6 US (and UK 10, 38 French, 36 German) These are my sizes in my wardrobe.

44 I = 8 US (12 UK, 40 F, 38 G)

There are plenty of conversion tables but really it's never going to be an exact equivalent and of course no one cuts in the same even in the same country...

http://www.onlineconversion.com/clothing_womens.htm

The way you give the sizing looks like it is for bottoms. 28 stays for the waist measurement in inches, the second number is the EU sizing. I have seen this on jeans.
Keep in mind that depends on the brand and some times the model of the clothing. For example 42 Versace or Cavalli fits smaller than 42 Prada.

The way you give the sizing looks like it is for bottoms. 28 stays for the waist measurement in inches, the second number is the EU sizing. I have seen this on jeans.
Keep in mind that depends on the brand and some times the model of the clothing. For example 42 Versace or Cavalli fits smaller than 42 Prada.

EU sizing is like Germany's and the label would read 28/36, 28 (inches) 36 (EU) not 28/42, I think the 42 must be Italian.

28 inches waist is a 6 US and 42 Italian

EU sizing is like Germany's and the label would read 28/36, 28 (inches) 36 (EU) not 28/42, I think the 42 must be Italian.

28 inches waist is a 6 US and 42 Italian

Germany sizing is way generous compared to Italian.
All EU sizes look like that – 36/38/40… The problem is that they are different from country to country and from designer to a designer. I have seen this particular sizing on jeans made in Slovenia, I do not recall the brand. Since it does not necessarily say IT next to the size, I do not know if it must be Italian. IMO only offcourse, but based on what I have seen and dealt with during the years.

Thank you so much for all your help ladies! I was looking at this dress that was 30/44 but then the description said it had a 30" bust which really confused me. Turned out they measured wrong :smile: Thanks guys!

in Italy our brand ( like sisley benetton ecc..) have italian size! 36 38 40 42 44 46
compare to zara and H&M size are: it 36/eur 32 - 38/34 - 40/36 - 42/38 - 44/40 46/42

hope it helps :biggrin: