Issues with Sequoia Paris Customer Service

Feb 21, 2017
I hate to do this, but I want to warn people of possible problems with the brand Sequoia Paris. I ordered a handbag for 232.50 euros on January 4th. The bag arrived about January 11. The zipper on the bag was defective and it would not unzip all the way.

I immediately notified them with the invoice and photos showing that the zipper was broken on the handbag. I received a response from [email protected] that i needed to notify the "after purchase web site" [email protected] which I did. The new site again wanted the invoice. I sent it. I heard nothing, so a couple of days ago I sent another email demanding to hear something from them and the response I got was send an invoice and photos. I told them I had done that twice and was going to notify PayPal if I did not hear from them. I got a response that they were referring my email to accounting for a refund. Here it is two days later and I have heard nothing about the refund. I have given them more than enough time to resolve this.

I notified PayPal this morning that I had an issue. Despite their promises I only hear from them when I demand to hear from them.

I am not a complainer and go out of my way to give the benefit of the doubt. All they would have to do is say they are working on it, give them some time, they are behind... something. Maybe if nothing else they will realize you don't just leave people hanging when you owe them a refund or an exchange.
Screen Shot 2021-01-23 at 12.24.53 PM.pngScreen Shot 2021-01-23 at 12.25.14 PM.png

I think you’re being overly demanding during a time when France is basically locked down due to Covid. Why don’t you give it another week to get sorted out?
Good luck!
Maybe so. I don’t argue on TPF. As stated above I would gladly wait if they answered emails, asked me to wait or explained they were running behind. My initial emails were merely requests for them to tell me they were going to remedy, not demands for instant resolution of the issue.

Reactions: Passerine123
I think the majority of people in France and other small countries are terrified. I can’t even imagine how any business gets done. My nephew in London has his own company and has been working from home for months. On the few occasions he’s went to work, he took the tube, and what’s normally filled with people, he’s been the only passenger.

One could say “that’s no excuse”, but - we haven’t had a pandemic for 100 years... I did a study for my boss about this, and it was just as scary in 1918. Worse from my perspective - at least we have masks. Then, they used gauze, if you can imagine.

Anyway, best of luck on this, @southernbelle43 - what I really *hate* is when you get those automatic email responses blaming COVID-19 and they don’t even know what the problem is yet, the computer software sent the email. :mad:

I think the majority of people in France and other small countries are terrified. I can’t even imagine how any business gets done. My nephew in London has his own company and has been working from home for months. On the few occasions he’s went to work, he took the tube, and what’s normally filled with people, he’s been the only passenger.

One could say “that’s no excuse”, but - we haven’t had a pandemic for 100 years... I did a study for my boss about this, and it was just as scary in 1918. Worse from my perspective - at least we have masks. Then, they used gauze, if you can imagine.

Anyway, best of luck on this, @southernbelle43 - what I really *hate* is when you get those automatic email responses blaming COVID-19 and they don’t even know what the problem is yet, the computer software sent the email. :mad:
I certainly understand what you are saying and those are very valid points.

• Love
Reactions: indiaink

I am really sorry about your nephew. Believe me I can sympathize and empathize. Our daughter has been out of work for nearly a year! She has lost her health insurance and would have lost her home if we had not been able to help her. She needs surgery on her jaw and cannot afford it and therefore her means of making a living is gone. She is a singer and wqs under contract mostly with Royal Caribbean to do 15-20 shows per year. As you know they still are not sailing. We are not sure what the future holds but are trying to be optimistic. What else can you do.
Paypal has refunded the money so all is well.
Hugs

Please, did it resolve some way? I ordered very cute bag, even discounted, but the top handle is so off the center of the handbag that I simply can not unsee it. I question whether I should even try to do something about it, given returning can be expensive (shipping itself was EUR 20).

I really like this brand, their bags are my aesthetic, but I feel they really need to adapt if they want to sell internationally. They made outbreak via Heart Evangelista (I believe) but they are not prepared really. E-mails from them are in french (bold move I guess *irony*), website has no sufficient information (especially on shipping rates - I have no idea what the actual rate is). When I contacted them why shipping rate was calculated at EUR 20 to country XYZ, when it is not stated on their website, their response was "because shipping to country XYZ is EUR 20". Well no sh*t sherlock. I wrote them they should consider state their shipping rates on their website, their answer was that they sent me discount code and website is still the same :biggrin:
So what I feel is they can not really cope with maybe higher demand?

Attachments

• unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    182.3 KB · Views: 5
Yes, they finally refunded all of the money back to PayPal...who had returned my money earlier. Clearly Sequoia‘s quality control is not working at all. Or their products are just not good.