Workplace Issues at Work

Coco Moew - thats good advice i agree with ur suggestions.

This woman does indeed sound childish. Its a shame that theres always one person in the office that brings out a nasty atmosphere. Such a shame. People like that are so unprofessional.

My advice is to keep your head down and start looking for a new position ASAP.

I have to agree with the poster who said to update your CV.

Honestly, it sounds like these people have their own issues and you are being projected upon. They think you should do xyz and fit abc mold, and you don't. Unless you want to be an ill-fitting panted, cardigan wearing, drinking and driving employee, the culture is not a fit.

I hear lots of jealous things from them from your posts - weight issues, perceived wealth inequality, hurry up and have a baby like us and validate our own choices...

Sometimes it's just best to move on and find your peeps instead of trying to fit a square peg in a round hole.

To make you feel any better, I have a similar story....not a workplace but I've experienced this in the workplace too. My first husband came from a small town. I have always been a career oriented girl with glamorous grandmas who pounded in my head that one should never, ever, look a mess. So one day, sitting around the kitchen table with my then MIL and her friends (all of whom were wearing really dumpy clothes) were talking about our recent marriage. The ladies started literally cackling "oh, I can't wait until she gains weight" and there was much rubbing hands in glee. I was horrified.

So it's been a couple of weeks and I thought I would give an update.

Thanks for all of the replies and advice, I really appreciate it!

I'm not sure what has happened at work but there seems to be yet another change and she's been more positive and a little bit easier to be around. Maybe because we got a new boss and she's on her best behaviour, who knows?! Right now I'm just riding it out to see what happens but I have been checking out the job market just in case.

Also (and this helps a lot), I have a happy life outside of work so I've been kind of reminding myself of that whenever things get tough at work... it has actually helped me brush off some of this cr@p.