issey miyake bilbao bao bao bag

Gotten my baobao in April and September this year in Japan. For both occasions, I queued pretty long but managed to snag something out from it. :biggrin:
Love baobao because they are super versatile and quirky and can match all of the outfits.

P9231430.jpg

I apologize if/that this is off topic but I need help with the history of Bilbao. I can't post my own thread yet. I have a bag I purchased in NYC second hand years ago and I am now questioning whether it's authentic/about its origin. I got a good deal on it because the handles are falling apart and whoever bought it in to the store obviously didn't know what it is. I've worked as a buyer and generally have a great eye - but I need an expert opinion on the brand itself.

The bag has 'Pleats Please' written on the inside and on the handles. There is nothing that says 'Bao Bao' on it like all the bags I see on eBay. I can post pictures; warning- it's super worn.

Did Issey Miyake make bags under 'Pleats Please' without Bao Bao?

It looks exactly like the bag in this link: http://www.gavethat.com/2009/07/bilbao-tote-by-issey-miyake-pleats.html?m=1 BUT I'm not exactly understanding what she's talking about because it doesn't say anything on it about 'Bilbao'. Is this one of the originals from MOMA? I am thinking it's pretty old. Can anyone educate me on this?

I think, the pleats please is the US/NY version and not the Japanese version. In japan they have Bao bao stores. The store in soho Has the same name. perhaps you can show them the bag and they can help you

hi.. it's a bit hard to get them in my country, indonesia.. and also, many fakes out there now!!
there's one store that sells authentic stuffs here.. IDR 3.800.00 for the medium (6panels) and IDR 4.900.000 for the large (10 panels)
way too expensive if compares to in japan :smile:

i personally own two of em,

hope it helps :smile:
This is a really beautiful bag. I simply love it!

Hi, I'm interested in getting the Rock bag in the large size as a diaper bag.

I love the white color but am seeing that some people have mentioned color transfer. Can anyone advise as to whether they've experienced this with the white bag?

I'm also interested in knowing more about the interior pockets. The photos I've found online don't really show how the bag is divided. Does anyone know or have photos that could help?

Here is the link:
http://www.shopbaobaoisseymiyake.com/bag/rock-basic-large?oid=3

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-02-11 at 4.55.29 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-02-11 at 4.55.29 PM.png
    150.4 KB · Views: 2,788
I recently saw a woman carrying this while I was on vacation in the Bahamas. I had no idea what it was, but was really drawn to it and then saw it turn up in the Farfetch sale. I didn't pull the trigger then, but I'm definitely thinking about it.

For what it's worth, it looks FABULOUS as a resort/vacation bag!