Isn't there usually an RM sample sale in November?

i'm glad i didn't go last night then. i really want a bowery tote but i can't imagine it's going to be less than it is on their site- 165. if anyone sees one please let me know! thanks!

i'm wondering if it's worth it to head over there on sat just to check the sample bins.

glass key- i LOVE that swing!!! you're friend is going to love it too!

shopping gal- can't wait to see what you got!

i'm glad i didn't go last night then. i really want a bowery tote but i can't imagine it's going to be less than it is on their site- 165. if anyone sees one please let me know! thanks!

i'm wondering if it's worth it to head over there on sat just to check the sample bins.

glass key- i LOVE that swing!!! you're friend is going to love it too!

shopping gal- can't wait to see what you got!
Thank you so much!! My friend is awesome and very down to earth and doesn't have a ton to spend on designer stuff for herself, so I'm so excited to treat her. It'll be her xmas/birthday present and wouldn't have cost more for me than buying her a drink or two!

I have heard that there may be markdowns on the last day or two. I check by checking the comments section on the Racked article about the sale. If so, I say go for it.

I have heard rumors the sample bins will be replenished, if that helps make your decision!

ETA: I just checked, it looks like the Bowery tote is currently $165, exactly like on the website. However, again, if there are last day mark-downs, then it would be cheaper, so maybe wait until Friday or Saturday!

I went today! The bargain bins were AMAZING. Sadly I actually got there on the late side (around 3) and they were semi-picked over; I saw girls carrying yellow-tagged mini and full sized MACs in great neutrals in black and tan. Wish I'd gone earlier instead of hitting the Rack. Alas. Nevertheless, I found some great stuff!

Tan and blue Swing (I think? Not super familiar with RM styles) for a good friend of mine. These colors are perfect for her largely Anthropologie wardrobe. $50.

White and rose gold mini MAC, $50. Not sure what I'll do with this, probably a gift, though I may keep it because the colors are sooo pretty.

Skinny MACs for stocking stuffers, probably to my cousins. $20 each.

A gorgeous gold Affair and wallet for my brother's gf. $50 and $20.

PS - question for you RM lovers. What do you think of the skinny MAC? I have one and only used it once because it won't hold my kindle, so I'm worried that if I give them as gifts people won't want/like them. Do any of you use them as like cosmetic pouches or a bag within a bag?

Amazing haul and awesome deals!! So sad I wasn't in LA for this one but thank you so much for letting us live vicariously through you!

I went last night in LA and seems like NY had better deals! Been wanting a studded affair and got it for $185 (not the greatest deal but I'm happy with it) also got a moto rocker for $75.

I went last night in LA and seems like NY had better deals! Been wanting a studded affair and got it for $185 (not the greatest deal but I'm happy with it) also got a moto rocker for $75.
Were there a lot of small leather goods at the LA sale? It is very easy for me to go but I don't need anything for me so would only go if there are less expensive items that would be good for gifts.

Has anyone been back to check the sample bins?

Sample bin is now two tables with damaged goods either 20 50 or 100!

ETA: the "damaged" tables are not necessarily terribly damaged. Picked up a nikki with an almost invisible scratch for $50. I do hear there will be markdowns starting tomorrow, though, so that might be worth checking out as well.

Last edited: