Isabel Marant hidden wedge sneaker

Hi amacasa and all,

Do you think this style will work on someone who's 5"2 and do not possess long legs? I love this in all black so much, but am pretty worried that I end up looking stumpy when wearing them. Another thing is that I am never really a sneakers person, but I love this as it has hidden wedge and manages to look feminine somehow.

just got them... and actually like them..
they look very big on net a porter pics but in actuality they are very tapered in the front and back...
so, still feminine looking in person.

Hi amacasa and all,

Do you think this style will work on someone who's 5"2 and do not possess long legs? I love this in all black so much, but am pretty worried that I end up looking stumpy when wearing them. Another thing is that I am never really a sneakers person, but I love this as it has hidden wedge and manages to look feminine somehow.

hiya! im 5'0 and was originally worried about this too but since i got my marine/ecru pair, i also got the new beige color as well as the all black and the all black is really sleek with leggings or skinny jeans etc and doesnt make you look stumpy at all :smile:

love miu... it will look stumpy on online pics.. but in person, and esp when its on your feet, you will find its really tapered..
go try them if you can. you will be surprised.
as calisnoopy had said, really cute with skinnies..
im trying to behave not to buy the black ones... but i really want to!

Thanks calisnoopy! Have you worn this with shorts or skirts? I am wondering if it will look as good since I live practically live in them :smile:
hiya! im 5'0 and was originally worried about this too but since i got my marine/ecru pair, i also got the new beige color as well as the all black and the all black is really sleek with leggings or skinny jeans etc and doesnt make you look stumpy at all :smile:

Not technically a modeling pic but here are my babies!! I want the white/cream ones so bad!!

jawbr7.jpg

Purchased from the Isabel Marant store in Paris. I quite like the color way. I know it's not the best photo but wanted to show that even the shorter ladies (ahem) can rock these with things other than skinnies.

1BWQr2CWIAMhwWGUHbF5lPgzhpRXgZzCaptFpsN_zSI

hello everyone! :biggrin:

i absolutely love these shoes. :love: i bought them in blk/blk and the blue/cream, i've been wearing the blk/blk consistently on a daily but the blue/cream have been sitting new in it's box. i was on a fence about the bekkets especially at their price point and was afraid that i would look immature in them since they were sneakers with velcro. i wear alot of shoes that consist of Chanel ballets to balenciaga cut out boots and for sneakers adidas/converse chucks. but i wanted something completely uncommon in sneakers also simple and chic which the bekket fit that mold. recently, i don't know what came over me but i decided to return the blues to nap. Two days later i WANTED them back! :-s i emailed them and they said they will send them back to me and was happy to hear i wanted to keep them. :yahoo:

what help me with my decision is ... let me tell you ladies these shoes have a way of making you feel believe it or not very feminine and stylish on a casual day. i am 5'1-5'2 and i feel tall and poised when i wear them. i havn't attempted wearing them with jeans but i always wear them with any tight skirt at a midi length with a very form fitting tunic or button down dress shirt with a scarf, then mix it up with leathers/furs .. as soon as i recieve my blue/cream bekket's i will post pictures of random outfits with the fab bekkets. if you have the opportunity to purchase them you should definitely take it you will not regret it :tup:

also just a tip if you feel the tongue of the shoe is a little fat you can push tongues against your ankle then wrap the velcro over it. this has definitely help flatten and simmer down the puffiness of the shoe and it actually looks cool. this also help with comfort because the velcro that lays on ankle was blistering and painful.

Last edited:
I thought these shoes looked a bit strange when I first saw pics of them, but now that I see pics of them being worn, I think they look awesome! I see that they are available on Net-A-Porter, but I guess that color is not as popular (red, white and blue).