Isabel Marant Boots thread!

Leather dicke alert in both bronze and
Black!!! I've waited so long for
The black
Leather!! This is as unusual
As a solar eclipse!!! Lagarconne
Ladies!!! Go get them!!!

Thank you so much for the alert! I've waited FOREVER for the leather dickers. I have the taupe suede - but this is the first season they've had the leather in the USA - so very exciting. I pre ordered mine as well. Can't wait!!!!

Hi, do you think you could post photos of your Camel Dickers without flash? I'm trying to gauge the real color. Some SA's say the color's very similar to the Spring version, but some of the online photos show the fall Camel to be a little more "subtle" and not as yellow... Would you say they're a darker shade of Camel? Thanks!

I wonder this as well. The spring ones were too yellow for me.

After waiting all day for Fed Ex, the driver just drove by my house, didn't even stop and changed the status of my package to "Delivery Exception." Soooo angry after waiting all day for my Dickers!

This is just unacceptable! I can't believe this happened to you, makes me angry too! I hope you get your Dickers tomorrow and you love them!

Hi, do you think you could post photos of your Camel Dickers without flash? I'm trying to gauge the real color. Some SA's say the color's very similar to the Spring version, but some of the online photos show the fall Camel to be a little more "subtle" and not as yellow... Would you say they're a darker shade of Camel? Thanks!

On page 136 I posted pictures without flash! :biggrin:

Last edited:

Of course!
But Mulberry_Love posted some beautiful pics :smile:)
Here is a quick snapshot:

This is just unacceptable! I can't believe this happened to you, makes me angry too! I hope you get your Dickers tomorrow and you love them!
Still waiting. Their website says that they are at a FedEX destination facility, but I've called twice and was told that they are on the truck for delivery. The customer service rep told me that I should stay home because they needed a direct signature. I told him that they better be sure that the driver stops and actually rings my doorbell instead of doing a drive by and saying that I'm not home.

After all this, these shoes better fit. Because the idea of having to exchange them and wait for another size is unbearable.

No, I wish I were gorgeous like her! Sorry, I should have credited these pics to the Metier blog (which has now closed down, sadly).

Oh no, I've always loved looking at their blog. Will miss the fashion inspiration.

Has anybody received their leather Dicker boots yet? I'd love to see a picture in action.

Still waiting. Their website says that they are at a FedEX destination facility, but I've called twice and was told that they are on the truck for delivery. The customer service rep told me that I should stay home because they needed a direct signature. I told him that they better be sure that the driver stops and actually rings my doorbell instead of doing a drive by and saying that I'm not home.

After all this, these shoes better fit. Because the idea of having to exchange them and wait for another size is unbearable.

I'm sorry this is happening to you. I have had many problems with FedEx in the last year, so bad that now I will request another company when purchasing from a store that uses them. I too was at home waiting all day when I called. The facility site said they had tried to deliver already! ( Which if you knew where I live is impossible for me to not know, I am the only house on my road!! How could I miss a huge FedEx truck?) To put it mildly I was outraged!

I would call customer service tell them you want a specific time and hound them until all they want to do is drop off your package. I called every hour on the hour and if I got a snotty service person I asked for their supervisor. Sorry this is so long, the service people tell you they can't give you a time, but hound them, they can. They just don't want the hastle of calling the driver to find out his location. I also filed a complaint, as I was there at the house and the driver was lying. Again I feel terrible that you have to put up with this too. I know it is a pain but for me it was a lesson to never use FedEx again...:flowers:

On a better note; I never did get an email from La Garconne but my package did arrive!! I will pot pics tomorrow in daylight!!

I'm sorry this is happening to you. I have had many problems with FedEx in the last year, so bad that now I will request another company when purchasing from a store that uses them. I too was at home waiting all day when I called. The facility site said they had tried to deliver already! ( Which if you knew where I live is impossible for me to not know, I am the only house on my road!! How could I miss a huge FedEx truck?) To put it mildly I was outraged!

I would call customer service tell them you want a specific time and hound them until all they want to do is drop off your package. I called every hour on the hour and if I got a snotty service person I asked for their supervisor. Sorry this is so long, the service people tell you they can't give you a time, but hound them, they can. They just don't want the hastle of calling the driver to find out his location. I also filed a complaint, as I was there at the house and the driver was lying. Again I feel terrible that you have to put up with this too. I know it is a pain but for me it was a lesson to never use FedEx again...:flowers:

On a better note; I never did get an email from La Garconne but my package did arrive!! I will pot pics tomorrow in daylight!!

So the Fed Ex driver called me and said that he came by yesterday, and that the person that I saw drive by was someone else. Total lie. How would he know who I saw? I told him that I waited all day. So he showed up at my house about 15 minutes after the call and FINALLY brought my shoes. So beautiful. But too big! I immediately ordered a smaller size on La Garconne- but they are not processing the order until Tuesday. I chose 2 day shipping so I will get them sooner than ground. I wish La Garconne used another shipping service. Fed Ex is not making me very happy.

I'm glad you got your shoes. I can't wait to see photos! And thanks for the advice.