Is Your Pet Your Shadow?

BeautyBootyBabe

Yeah, I like cake.
O.G.
Sep 8, 2011
My sphynx cat is essentially my shadow. If I'm in bed (which is basically my hangout) she is in bed with me. If I get up and go down stairs, to the restroom, into the kitchen, she follows me. When I wake up in the mornings to get ready for work, she follows me into the bathroom when I shower and then she will follow me back upstairs while I'm getting ready and sit on the foot of my bed and watch me. When I get home in the afternoon, she is waiting on the stairs for me and it starts all over again. lol

Anyone else have a pet shadow?

Yes. My Wembley (a rescue Bengal) was more so my shadow until we added Hagar (the new kitten), but even so, they are both usually in the same room as me if as far apart from each other as they can manage. If I am running around the house doing chores, they follow me back and forth unless the vacuum is on. Then they scatter.

I wish my cat Woody would be my shadow. She's only cuddly & interested in me on her own terms. Funnily enough this tends to be when she's hungry or really tired & needs someone to sleep against.

My dog is my shadow. He will follow me anywhere except the rooms that have tile or hardwood floors. Lol. The cats don't follow me around since I got him though and I feel bad about that. My three little pigs (the cats) used to be my constant companions until we adopted our dog.

Lady is my shadow, in the morning when i'm doing my makeup she sits on my lap and "helps" with the brushes, same if i'm doing my nails she likes to help file them for me. if i'm in the kitchen she sits right behind me (I've learned to look cautiously before moving my feet lol) she cuddle son me or sits on my lap when i'm on the couch and sleeps on me when i'm in bed...i'd say she's my shadow!

Tuck not so much, he will cuddle or sit on my lap but besides this he likes to do his own thing :biggrin:

Usually when I'm at home, my golden retriever Remy kind of does his own thing. But I've noticed when we're out in public, especially the dog park, he always makes sure to "check in" on me. He'll go run around with his friends for a few minutes, then come back and sit next to me for a while. Especially when he's getting tired, he lays right at my feet! I love having such a loyal friend!

My Siamese goes through periods throughout the day where he will follow me around from room to room. It is only when he is asleep that he is in a different room.

My pup is my shadow. He is unbelievably sweet. He is always by my side and is just an endless fountain of love and joy. Total ham too.

He sleeps with me every night and follows me wherever I go.

When we go to the beach, he will actually "check" with me (looks up first) before greeting other doga and people. When I say "its ok, go say hi" he will trot off and socialize.

Love this dog.

I have 3 shadows. I'm not sure I've ever gone to the bathroom or taken a shower alone.

Lol....I haven't been in the bathroom alone in 20 years! I thought once my children were grown I could take a break from a communal bathroom, but no, my pets can't stand outside the door for five minutes....I really wouldn't have it any other way. Love them so much..:P

Lol....I haven't been in the bathroom alone in 20 years! I thought once my children were grown I could take a break from a communal bathroom, but no, my pets can't stand outside the door for five minutes....I really wouldn't have it any other way. Love them so much..:P

Lol the only time I'm in the bathroom alone is when my beau is around. My pup will run to him once but then spend the remaining time camped out in front of the bathroom door.