Is your bag REALLY a "unicorn"!?... I think NOT

i was checking for a normal Black Classic flap with GHW few months back and a reseller called that a unicorn and decided to charge 1000$ more than retail :P :smile: so i think to Resellers everything is a unicorn but i think true unicorn are rarest materials/rare colors or Hardware finishes ..

Like the Himalayan Birkin :smile:

Himalaya has been spotted at a number of resellers too. It seems to be more common than before?

• Sad
Reactions: CrazyCool01
One that comes to mind is the 17c(?) nude chevron reissue. I missed it so have been stalking the preloved market for years, and it has only popped up twice and has sold faster than I could check out both times. Not sure if it is a universal unicorn in the sense that it appeals to a super wide audience like the pearl mini (which I actually really dislike), but it’s definitely a unicorn in the sense that it was rare and is highly coveted now by those who love reissues.
Totally agree with this I looked for years. Finally gave up and moved on

I still don’t understand the allure of the pearl bag. It was offered to me multiple times when it came out and I turned it down. It looks like it has measles. The rainbow on the other hand, is now the only boy bag I own. I got rid of all my other ones but I couldn’t part with the purple iridescent one because I searched for it for years.

Chanel "unicorn" bags tend to be highly sought after by many in the community and sell for a premium. It's been 4 years since the 19S Pearl Mini Flap has been released, and I still see people mentioning it and buying it for a high premium.

Some bags aren't seen as unicorns upon released but become a unicorn later like the 19s Pearl Mini Flap. Others sort of lose their unicorn status. The 21P Caramel color is an example of this because Chanel has repeatedly released similar colors.

I'd also say some Chanel Minaudiere pieces are unicorns even though they aren't sought after by the average customer. The retail price for these are insane, but the resale value is even higher!

Chanel-Holy-Grails_Journal-Preview_Crystal-Rocket-Bag-498x657.webp
10e2fc3d-c81a-4d6f-a4f5-61c028a9ea11_480x480.jpg

The Pearl Bag didn't become a "Unicorn" for like months afterward when everyone on IG started getting them. In fact there is a post here when it came out and most didn't even like it ...lol. It was actually available for several months after release, after it was sold out and every "influencer" had one, all of a sudden everyone had to have it and it pushed the price in to crazy town.

I consider the Rose-Gold a bit different. The official name was "light-gold" but no one really knew what it looked like until it came out. As soon as people saw that it actually looked like a beautiful Rose-Gold, everything in that shade flew off the shelf, including SLG's.
Are you referring to the ombre metallic Rose Gold color? Do you mind posting pictures, I'm curious.

Chanel "unicorn" bags tend to be highly sought after by many in the community and sell for a premium. It's been 4 years since the 19S Pearl Mini Flap has been released, and I still see people mentioning it and buying it for a high premium.

Some bags aren't seen as unicorns upon released but become a unicorn later like the 19s Pearl Mini Flap. Others sort of lose their unicorn status. The 21P Caramel color is an example of this because Chanel has repeatedly released similar colors.

I'd also say some Chanel Minaudiere pieces are unicorns even though they aren't sought after by the average customer. The retail price for these are insane, but the resale value is even higher!

Chanel-Holy-Grails_Journal-Preview_Crystal-Rocket-Bag-498x657.webp
10e2fc3d-c81a-4d6f-a4f5-61c028a9ea11_480x480.jpg
Totally agree on the caramel color. I remember peak second hand prices the resale prices for mini rectangular caramel were CRAZY! Now they’ve repeated a similar color for multiple seasons. Makes me think simple colors shouldn’t be considered . Rather bags that come in non-traditional materials, or fabrics

Reactions: jl020911