Is v-line = chin surgery? Long term effects?

Linlin18

Nov 26, 2015
Hello everyone,

I've been confused for a while now. Is V-line surgery commonly done through changes to the chin? To those who have done it, how have your experiences been in the long term (say 2-3+ years). I've read that one of the side effects could be the collapse of your bone structure. Anyone experienced some complications from this (i.e., sagging?)?

Thanks!

hi so v-line surgery is the term used to describe a combination of genioplasty (chin) and mandible reduction (jaw), it's not just the chin

i'll leave the other qs for someone else to answer :smile:

V-line surgery commonly done through changes to the chin?
Sometimes you can see "mini v-line" which consists of the chin surgery only... Really confusing right? lol
But yeah "v-line" only, is usually chin surgery and jaw reduction together
how have your experiences been in the long term (say 2-3+ years)
Would also love to hear about that also, I haven't had any cosmetic surgery yet but I'm considering v-line as well
I've read that one of the side effects could be the collapse of your bone structure. Anyone experienced some complications from this (i.e., sagging?)?
My friends who had v-line surgery in Korea had no problems with bone, skin sagging and negtive effects. One of them can still feel numbness but it's slowly fading away so far. Other than that, no complications (so far, I hope they won't get any)
I read somewhere, on someone's blog (or here? sorry don't remember the name) that you might have infection because of the stitches and all, but I guess you shouldn't have any problem if you follow their recovery routine (you know medicine you have to take and products you have to use, etc)
Wondering about bone collapse too, but it seems so rare to me unless you have a really bad case of botched job

Thanks guys! With the chin or mini v-line, will we be hopitalized? I know v-line people stay over night.
Also, numbness can be an issue with v-line related procedures. Sometimes it goes away, but if it doesn't, will this have a significant repercussion or just uncomfortable?

I think the terms V-line or mini V-line or 3D zygoma whatever are just marketing gimmicky names. When you go to the clinic, you shouldn't ask for "V-line", one should be specific in their request. I told my doctor I want my upper and lower jaws to be shaped in the way I desired, and my chin to look egg shape rather than a pointy witch-like chin. If I had just ask for V-line, I might end up with a factory made Gangnam face.

Thanks guys! With the chin or mini v-line, will we be hopitalized? I know v-line people stay over night.
Also, numbness can be an issue with v-line related procedures. Sometimes it goes away, but if it doesn't, will this have a significant repercussion or just uncomfortable?

For V-line, you will stay 1 night in hospital and discharge the next day to go to back to your hotel for recovery. From then, you should be visiting the clinic daily for deswelling care and have the doctor check your progress.

But is the sagging very noticeable or more natural-ish? Also how long into the future will it begin to occur? Sometimes, I see it in people 1-2 years post surgery.
Sagging is sagging. It will make you look older. Sometimes the sagging occurs under your jaw/chin giving you a double chin and sometimes in bad cases it happens on your cheeks and mouth too. Second one makes it look like it took 10 years off your life