Is UGG considered a designer brand?

I always thought they were a high street brand till I saw them in a luxury fashion department store in my country.
Not luxury but well made are not dirt cheap. The genuine article is highly recommended, thick, softer, warmer, no smell from feet, water resistant etc etc
There a lots of manufacturers in Australia where they originated. Lots of sites you can google, this one makes them in Aus, uggbootsmadeinaustralia dot com

Lots of luxury stores have products that aren’t high end designer. Ugg used to be so much nicer years ago when they were produced in Australia. Quality has gone downhill for sure & so has Frye. My gizeh birks were made in Germany and are still the same as 20 years ago... maybe better with the soft footbed.

Lots of luxury stores have products that aren’t high end designer. Ugg used to be so much nicer years ago when they were produced in Australia. Quality has gone downhill for sure & so has Frye. My gizeh birks were made in Germany and are still the same as 20 years ago... maybe better with the soft footbed.
Designer doesn't have to be high end. Tory burch and Coach are designer but not considered high end for some reason.

I think of it more in terms of a brand like adidas or Nike since I have no idea who’s actually doing the designs... unlike the premier designers ie. Louis Vuitton Men’s - Virgil Abloh / women’s - Nicolas Ghesquire.

I just don’t think “designer” when it comes to Ugg. Coach has had designer names behind it like Stuart Vevers as does Tory Burch. I’m not saying one is better than the other, it’s just how I think of them. I don’t really get caught up in the whole “is it designer” question. I just buy what I like & it’s a mixed bag of both.

I think of it more in terms of a brand like adidas or Nike since I have no idea who’s actually doing the designs... unlike the premier designers ie. Louis Vuitton Men’s - Virgil Abloh / women’s - Nicolas Ghesquire.

I just don’t think “designer” when it comes to Ugg. Coach has had designer names behind it like Stuart Vevers as does Tory Burch. I’m not saying one is better than the other, it’s just how I think of them. I don’t really get caught up in the whole “is it designer” question. I just buy what I like & it’s a mixed bag of both.
I see. Do you see Tommy Hilfiger as designer brand then? It has a well known designer behind the brand, but it is pretty mass marketed.

I see. Do you see Tommy Hilfiger as designer brand then? It has a well known designer behind the brand, but it is pretty mass marketed.

I do & I also think a lot of designers have different levels of products aimed at different target audiences. A tommy h $130 T shirt or $300 jeans aren’t aimed at their mass market audience. A similar mass marketed designer with higher end lines would be Ralph Lauren.

I have a pair that must be 13 years old and I still wear them! You can’t kill them! The only issue I had is one shoelace broke. But these things have been worn. to death. When it’s really cold they do provide warmth.

Reactions: kbell