Is this the new canvas ?

Hey @slayer I'm New to LV but I have the Daily Pouch in mono/rose and I love it because it's so soft, smooth and lush. It really impressed me that canvas could be like that. It's my first ever canvas piece.

I was also attracted to this Color Pouch when overseas, this color pouch which on the Japanese site says Etui as well. Have linked the EU site for English.

https://eu.louisvuitton.com/eng-e1/products/color-pouch-monogram-nvprod3580103v/GI0674

I don't know what Etui is . But when I got home and found this pouch in store locally, I found the canvas was very dry and plasticky, cheap-feelingm . I don't know if it's just that one piece because I can't remember the overseas piece being that way, but I was also much newer to canvas back then.

So maybe if you're not happy, you could ask for an exchange if there's an identical piece available? To see if that piece has nicer canvas? Or refund, because you should be happy with your purchase, no matter what the rest of us say. Bags are as much about how they feel as how they look and function.

Long post but hope that helps. I'm glad you brought up this topic because I was so shocked that the color pouch here was so dry and cheap feeling to me.
Thank you for info- love the color pouch you posted, didn’t see it on the Aus website when I was looking. I will keep the etui Mm pouch. I’m in the middle of no where with no courier services for return and over a days drive to closest LV store. Next time I will be smarter and only buy when I eventually get to store.

• Wow
Reactions: bagsamplified
Thank you for info- love the color pouch you posted, didn’t see it on the Aus website when I was looking. I will keep the etui Mm pouch. I’m in the middle of no where with no courier services for return and over a days drive to closest LV store. Next time I will be smarter and only buy when I eventually get to store.
Oh gosh, that would be hard for returning! It's a beautiful piece you got and looks really chic, you did well getting it !

I'm from Aus too and it is available here! Not sure why not on website. There's also a Clemence notebook that's non-refillable, and a box both in this print. If you get the code from the EU link and ask CS , they can help if you want it. It's $1240AUD

Reactions: slayer
It looks like that the cabinet was to blame. After all it stained the Étui, not the other way around.
I know that this really is a soft canvas, but mine fell onto pavements, dirt, withstood rainfall, coffee, soups, was worn completely bent as a clutch and nothing happened to it. Mostly because it is so soft.
I'm really sorry that it got the mark though.
Sorry your etui is not good.
I have a newish toiletry pouch and an agenda in mono and the canvas is lovely.

It's not a paint/finish "stain". it is torn off .....but Yeah, it probably reacted to the cabinet's finish, strangely none of the other canvas items in it has had the same reaction.

It's not a paint/finish "stain". it is torn off .....but Yeah, it probably reacted to the cabinet's finish, strangely none of the other canvas items in it has had the same reaction.
It is weird, since all the deeper layers are darker, not lighter. It should be blackish-brownish as the outer layers are peeled or brushed off. That is why I guessed that it was a paint stain. Or maybe it is a very exotic chemical reaction :sad: Mysterious :sad:

Here's a pic the corner. I hope it was just the Etui line. Other Monogram items I purchased afterwards like my cosmetic GM and Speedy 20 are ok, but I do think it's a different grade/thickness of the canvas.
Clearly, there's no way that the thickness of the canvas is relevant to this outcome. Would be a storage situation and/or some ambient stickiness. Note that you aren't saying that the LV canvas surface was itself degraded and tacky, nor are such defects known issues for this bag.

Bad luck, still a shame.