Is this OK?

fongchau

Mar 26, 2010
Not sure if this is allowed - can I post a link to an ebay bag and ask for a second opinion on the condition?/ The description says as good as new, but the leather looks a bit too slouchy to be new new - if you get what I mean.

I don't want to break forum rules though! Just after some opinions from other bag owners - it's a Mitzy.

I think that is ok? You are not asking us to authenticate it (which would be for the authenticate thread). There is a thread in shopping for people to post ebay listings. If you go and put it there and ask for opinions on condition we could follow you over xx

Last edited:
they do slouch quite quickly and it doesn't look much different to mine (which was lightly used when I sold it) I think the smoochier ones look nicer anyway.
I would be tempted to ask for a pic of the inside too as the lining is cream...If it's been lightly used, the inside should be clean..

Hi Fongchau,

Looking at the leather, the grain looks fine for a Mitzy. I think much of the slouchyness is due to the size of the bag and the fact that it has no stuffing inside.
I have a pebbled Mitzy messenger and although used a few times already, the leather is still is quite firm and not very slouchy. The bag your looking at does seem to have a few scratches on the handle, but it's hard to see the real condition of the rest of the bag. Maybe ask for some better, close-up pictures.
I'm wondering though why she has included a care card for Nappa leather! :confused1:

When I sold my mitzy messenger it was as new pretty much so did not look like this (kind of slouchy). Is it just me or does the pic showing the front and side of the bag show the sides and underneath to be a different shade of oak to the front panel of the bag? I think it is probably the light/shadow but thought I would mention it in case you want to ask for further pics xx

I have a Mitzy messenger Fongchau so it is smaller than this hobo. Mine doesn't slouch this much I have to say. This is only my opinion of course but to me it looks like there has been something heavy in it that has caused a bit of sagging around the plague - it doesn't look quite right here.
And as IWANB says I think the side panels look different to the front leather.
And as shopalcoholicmum says that's the wrong care card with it. The Mitzy is pebbled leather.
As I said though mine is smaller so maybe the bigger Mitzys have more of a tendancy to slouch?

Yep. On closer inspection it's not for me. There's a few oak Mitzys coming up on eBay right now so I'll be patient

Thanks for your help ladies.

In my very humble opinion - I think patience will reward you and you'll find a better one. Hope I didn't put you off though if you wanted to go for it?

No, not at all! Better to err on the side of caution always. Sometimes I get carried away and I wouldn't want to end up paying over the odds for something that's not quite right for me, just because it's there. Luckily this community helps to stop me make expensive mistakes.

I'm sure the bag is fine, really and someone out tehre will love it. Just not me.