Is this normal?

Jun 13, 2008
Hi Ladies,

I only have 2 Chanel bags, so please excuse the ignorance. I bought a Boy bag 2 months ago, but today, I noticed a discoloration to the clasp and am wondering if this is normal or if I should bring it back to Chanel.

I bought this during a vacation in Hawaii...so if I have to bring this back, can I bring it to any Chanel boutique? There's a Chanel boutique in NM at Stanford and I'm wondering if they can help. Or, do I have to bring it to a stand alone store in SF?

Thanks!

Attachments

• photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    33.4 KB · Views: 282
  • photo 3.JPG
    photo 3.JPG
    33.2 KB · Views: 282
I think if you bought it at a boutique you have to bring it to a boutique and not NM/Saks. That happened to my earrings. I lost a stone but I couldn't just take it to the chanel inside Nm. I had to bring it to the Nordstroms I purchased at.

If it's under a year chanel should replace it free of charge. Maybe you can call whichever Chanel is closest to you and ask if you can mail the bag in for repair? I'm not 100% sure but just a suggestion :smile:

In my opinion discoloration is not normal for such a new bag. Depending on which store you purchased it you will have to go to the store and see what they can do. The Chanel store has a one year warranty so if you bought it at the Chanel boutique you should call and ask to come in to take a look at it. I bought a "so black" and some of the double C hardware is showing some signs of wear. Unfortunately I am very hard on my bags and have worn this bag often. They said they can replace the hardware at any time.
The SA in the fron are happy to help so I would go and see what they can do for you.

The exact same thing is starting to happen to my white boy cube. And ironically I got the white cube while visiting home in Hawaii! My SA at my local boutique in CA said they can send it out to be fixed, but the discoloration isn't super bad so I've yet to send it for repair.

I'm starting to believe this may be an issue with the cubes because I had also purchased a navy one (from the CA boutique) but it came with the same clasp discoloration and some bizarre leather issues so he was returned :nogood: