Is this normal Vachetta "wear"?

The Baroness

Sep 9, 2017
I bought this Keepall last August and it's been in the dustbag ever since. I recently took it out to pack for a trip and I noticed that the straps look to be dry and cracking in spots. I have 2 other (older) LV Vachetta bags that do not look like this. I tried contacting "customer service" but they haven't been particularly helpful. They referred me to my "local boutique" but my "local boutique" is 3 hours away by train and I always buy my bags while I'm on holiday. I've contacted them my email and they say it's "normal wear" which seems impossible since I haven't actually used the bag since I bought it.

Do I need to be worried about this? Should I treat it? How?

LVStrap.jpg

It is normal. This is how untreated leather ages when bent.
This is the leather band that connects to the handles, so if you haven't stores the bag stuffed to the fullest, then this part was bent for quite some time. But this is how leather works. My Macassar is just like this. To be completely honest, this is also the beauty of the leather. I mean it is already getting its own character. Appreciate it.

I bought this Keepall last August and it's been in the dustbag ever since. I recently took it out to pack for a trip and I noticed that the straps look to be dry and cracking in spots. I have 2 other (older) LV Vachetta bags that do not look like this. I tried contacting "customer service" but they haven't been particularly helpful. They referred me to my "local boutique" but my "local boutique" is 3 hours away by train and I always buy my bags while I'm on holiday. I've contacted them my email and they say it's "normal wear" which seems impossible since I haven't actually used the bag since I bought it.

Do I need to be worried about this? Should I treat it? How?

LVStrap.jpg
It’s normal.

Reactions: BULL
It’s normal, I wouldn’t treat it. Once you start using again, the natural oils from your hands will help it. Adding anything else onto the leather will make it worst in the long term.

It’s normal. If mine was dry or cracked I would treat it with Cadillac cleaner/conditioner from Nordstrom or LMB conditioner. Do some research here on these brands and it should help you to decide what is best.