"Is this Normal?" Ask about LV stitching, alignment, etc. here!

Hi all! I just made this purchase and I have the same problem. I should have looked at the item properly at the store..
Mine is MIF as well.

I don't get it though. The gap at the end of the zip (NOT the part where the chain comes out) makes it super annoying when I have to zip close because I need to hold the end down. Or else it will not zip smoothly because the cloth at the gap will flip slightly due to the pressure.

So this 0.5cm gap is normal? How big is the gap on your key cles?

I think its normal. Mine also has that gap.

As this is my very first LV bag, I am wondering whether I am just too picky or have to high expectations on a bag that costs me approx 1k€.

But does this look neatly stitched to you or rater: do your Neverfulls look the same? Got it off the LV Boutique 3 days ago and think about changing it...

What do you LVistas think? - Thanks in advance for your help - very much appreciated!
blooomy

IMG_8405.JPG
IMG_8406.JPG
IMG_8407.JPG
IMG_8408.JPG

Last edited:
I'm just as picky as you are. I don't like this kind of 'things' either. I don't like the stitches on my Monogram Cardholder, but my SA told me that was the 'backside' of the product..

As this is my very first LV bag, I am wondering whether I am just too picky or have to high expectations on a bag that costs me approx 1k€.

But does this look neatly stitched to you or rater: do your Neverfulls look the same? Got it off the LV Boutique 3 days ago and think about changing it...

What do you LVistas think? - Thanks in advance for your help - very much appreciated!
blooomy

View attachment 3473833
View attachment 3473834
View attachment 3473835
View attachment 3473836
Unfortunately the stitching does have a tendency to get a little uneven around the area where the top trim overlaps; it's thicker material and it's also an area that needs to be reinforced to prevent the trim from unravelling, hence the difference in stitches and why there is some backtracking. It is unsightly but serves a purpose. With that being said if you're not happy with this tote, and it's your right to be since it's your money, then you can always go back to the store and request an exchange for another one, just make sure to check them throughly before choosing:flowers:
I forget to mention that yes, my NF (DE GM) is the same way as are both of my Delightfuls (OM MM and NM MM in DE).

Last edited:
It looks good to me. Now once I had a really crooked set of stitches, it was so bad, it looked like a roller coaster ride. They replaced for free.

It's hard when you spend so much time and money on a product not to get obsessive over all of the details (I was wondering the same thing about the stitching on my transatlantic ZCP, but you can even see it on the web pic too). I think your bag looks beautiful! Congratulations and enjoy your timeless classic! [emoji3]

Reactions: SweetDaisy05
I just bought my first LV bag too and opted for the NF MM in mono with beige interior and my stitching is just like yours. I wouldn't worry too much about it but if it drives you nuts, go exchange it before it's too late. But I'm pretty sure all the bag stitching in that area will look just like that. It's crazy how we focus on the little details since we spent so much money on the bag.

20160928_233650.jpg 20160928_233706.jpg Hi, I just bought my neverfull mm in monogram today from LV boutique. I noticed only when I got home the patterns on both side of the seems don't align properly and they are slightly off. Should I be worried about this? If I want to sell this bag in the future, will people think it is not authentic?

View attachment 3478964 View attachment 3478965 Hi, I just bought my neverfull mm in monogram today from LV boutique. I noticed only when I got home the patterns on both side of the seems don't align properly and they are slightly off. Should I be worried about this? If I want to sell this bag in the future, will people think it is not authentic?
Misalignment, to a certain extent, is normal and varies depending on the craftsman and the particular design dimensions. Should you decide to sell in the future this shouldn't cause you any problems, especially if you have the buyer chooses to have it authenticated since an expert eye will focus on other distinguishing features such as stitching and the stamping.