Is this how the Cerf Executive Totes are now being made?

StarBrite310

Purse & Jewelry Fanatic!
O.G.
Jun 6, 2007
So I have had returners remorse since last year when I returned the Cerf/Executive because of it's heaviness. I kept thinking about it and figured I'd live with the weight of it. The bag has been sold out for a while but I was finally able to score one the other day at NM, still all wrapped up and in perfect condition. Even the CC on the front is straight and not crooked.

Anyway, I noticed yesterday that the sides of my new one are not tucked in, or they are just very slightly. Not like the one I had last year or most of the ones I've seen. Everyone wearing there's has the sides tucked in when the arm goes over it. The only one I saw photos of that weren't tucked in was the one Ashley Olsen used to wear:
attachment.php

Here are photos of mine. Do you think this is okay? The bag is so gorgeous and I am just wondering if the new ones coming out now are just being made like this.

cerf1-1.jpg

cerf2.jpg

cerf3.jpg

~

Here is the one I had last year that I returned. As you can see the sides are tucked in. I just realized that the CC on mine now is way straighter than this one. Yay!
cerfold.jpg

I wonder if I wanted my new one to tuck in on the sides if I could just crease it myself? Don't know if it will stay though hehe.

Last edited:
I'm not sure what the cerf is supposed to look like but it looks fine without the "tucks".
I kind of like it without the tucks. Congrats! I could use a bag like the cerf for when I work! Oh no! Not another bag....

Maybe it has to do with whether the inside pouch is attached to the inside of the bag? At least that is something I read before in previous threads about the Cerf If the inside pouch is attached, the sides will be tucked in and the bag will be less slouchy. Without the pouch the sides might come out? If that makes sense?? :shrugs:

Anyway, I really love the Cerf and it's on top of my wishlist!

Luv2ownabirkin, get one as well so that we can become bag twins! :P

Maybe it has to do with whether the inside pouch is attached to the inside of the bag? At least that is something I read before in previous threads about the Cerf If the inside pouch is attached, the sides will be tucked in and the bag will be less slouchy. Without the pouch the sides might come out? If that makes sense?? :shrugs:

Anyway, I really love the Cerf and it's on top of my wishlist!

Luv2ownabirkin, get one as well so that we can become bag twins! :P

The inside pouch was attached haha! I have since creased the sides in a bit and it's a little more tucked in. Whether it will stay that way, I'm not sure. I'll snap a photo...

I doubt it will stay. From what I remember, the ones that were made tucked in, it's really hard to untuck them, am I right?

cerf4.jpg

What I do like is that my bag looks more square than some of the ones I've seen. Reminds me of the older style.

What a lovely bag! I think it looks great either way. If you want the crease, I guess you can try storing it clinched for a while to see if the crease will become permanent.