Is this HL outfit appropriate for a wedding?

I think the dress is fine for a wedding, I know it's HL but it isn't so revealing (no deep v or super short) so I think it looks very classy :smile: But the accessories have to change :S

i will say no white anything. not white bags no white cardigan. nothing pure white. i think it's kind of disrespectful to wear anything white to a wedding.
the lovely day is about the bride and i think any girl who attend even not as a braidsmaid should let the bride have her day in terms of not being too overly sexy or showy with your outfit (i mean unless it's a celebrity wedding i guess)

It's a great dress....but it doesn't say wedding to me.... Unless it's a night wedding?

Btw, if you do decide to wear it I'd wear a pashmina shawl and skip the shrug

If the wedding is in a big city, then it's normal to wear black to a wedding as long as you dress it up with festive accessories. I think your black HL is suitable for a wedding, but check with the bride and groom, and ask them to be sure.

Also, definitely change those shoes, and wear either pointy toe OR strappy sandal stilettos.

A bright pashmina shawl in blue, lavender, or pink would look good with your dress.

And the Chanel purse looks wrong with the dress because it's way too big and casual for a wedding. For weddings and formal events, you should use an elegant clutch or a tiny handbag.

The HL is a gorgeous dress and it looks great on you, however, I don't feel it's appropriate for a wedding, even if it's a formal wedding. A dress like that is very attention getting, and with as great as you look in it, you are going to turn every head in the room. IMO, that's really just not appropriate for a wedding. Maybe I'm old fashioned, but that's just my take on it. The second dress you posted, however, is lovely, and if it were me, I'd feel MUCH more comfortable in that.

Thanks everyone for your comments! I will definitely NOT wear the shrug with this dress then. I might just wear this other dress I have which has pattern and more colorful. Maybe I will post pictures for your comments again since you guys are sooooo helpful! :graucho:

lilflobowl - will definitely try a purple/blue shawl with the dress

Rimma13 - I agree that a clutch will work better

Jeneen - yes, it is for a night reception

grayxie - you are right, it is a winter shrug. And I do think that the bag is a bit too large.... It was just there so I tried it on with the outfit

I love this HL dress but have no where to wear it too! That's why I wanted to wear it to the wedding.... the more I think about it, the more I think I should just sell it .... :confused1:

You got good advices and so far made the right decisions. I don't mean to offend you but the dress does not suit your body shape--I would go with a dress that reveal my waist and hips but somewhat looser, just not as tight as this dress and I would choose something longer--at least knee length.

i wore my HL to a wedding recently too! I think this dress is definetly appropriate! its not revealing or anything...I don't like the shrug! i love the Chanel bag but I also don't like the shoes...Definetly throw on some pointed heels!

I've worn my simple black HL dress to evening weddings, I did dark nude shoes and a clutch. Just keep it less complicated and I think it will be perfect.

I wouldn't wear that little jacket. If you get cold you could get one of those light wieght summer trenches.... like in black. But, yet, I don't know what that would look like together either. But it's worth a try!

Oh & also... how dressy is this wedding? I know it sounds wierd but at my aunts wedding people came in jeans! I think the trench would make it look really casual but idk...