Is this Chanel Defective?!

care_73

Jul 1, 2014
Hello all,

I have had this Jumbo for about 2 months now and it has bothered me since day one but I thought maybe I was imagining things... but looking at these pictures I just cant get over it. For $6800 it should be nearly perfect... Let me know what you think! Also... if I take it back to Chanel will they exchange it even though it was "final sale" ?

Attachments

• chan1.jpeg
    chan1.jpeg
    129.5 KB · Views: 954
  • chan2.jpeg
    chan2.jpeg
    163.4 KB · Views: 950
Last edited:
I think it must of been the way the bag was stored? Anyway, 2 months is a long time to return a bag, specially if it has been used. I'd take it to the store asap and ask the sales associate to compared to another bag and try to get a solution, hopefully an exchange.

The flap will soften as will the whole bag after you use it. So it won't "stick out" forever.

Sent from my iPhone using PurseForum mobile app

Thanks BunnyR

Other than the flap sort of "lifting" away from the bag there are no defects. I've decided just to use it and love it rather than keep it in its box collecting dust!

Thanks girls!

My jumbo does the same thing. I think it's a result of the stiffness associated with the INTERIOR flap?
It sorta bothered me as well if it makes you feel any better. However I only waited 2 weeks to start using her. Funny how we all are with these treasures!

I believe this is called "wings" when the flap lifts away from the bag. It is due to the design of flaps, all the alignment and structure rests on the single point, the clasp, putting a pressure on the flap. Lots of bags have it, including mine. I wouldn't let it bother you.