Is this awkward looking? Added chain

mssmelanie

O.G.
Jul 6, 2006
I bought this about 6 months ago from a consignment shop. I think I paid a premium for it and i just don’t use it as much as I would like. I am more of a tote or crossbody gal.

I tried to get a quote from an online consignment shop and it would be about a 1/3 of what I paid [emoji26] so I’m trying to make it work for me. Plus it’s a CHANEL in caviar so I think it’s very durable and a worry free CHANEL

I added a chain from one of my no name bags. Does it look silly like this with the shoulder strap hanging?

And I also have a GUCCI Marmont. Is it too redundant ?
Thank you in advance!

IMG_3325.jpg
IMG_1542768706.149961.jpg

I don’t like it either. Cheapens the bag. Yes it seems redundant with the Gucci. Not so redundant if you wear the Chanel as it’s supposed to without the extra chain. It’s a nice bag.

I’m not a fan :/ but you make me wanna wear that Gucci bag more often!! I say sell the Chanel that money can help towards something you would like better or use more.

Another vote for no chain. I like your bag as it is. The original strap is long enough to wear over shoulder right? I think it’d look cute for short errands and grocery runs.

it does look weird with the original strap hanging :-s
but i like the idea of adding a chain for a crossbody! Maybe you should consider getting a better looking aftermarket chain because this particular one makes it look kinda cheap :-\\ and the length is a no for me...

I don’t like it. Takes away from the purity of being a Chanel and makes it look like you are forcing something.

No to mention, I don’t like adding no name stuff.. makes the whole bag look fake to me.

Maybe just sell it and cut your losses. I’ve made mistakes too, we all do. But now you know what you like.

Hope this helps you decide.

Thank you for your honest opinion. I guess when I’m on the fence about something I should go with my gut. I have put crossbody chains on other bags and they looked good but this didn’t feel quite right. I’m still on the fence about selling as I do not have a shoulder bag in my collection.

I don’t like it either. Cheapens the bag. Yes it seems redundant with the Gucci. Not so redundant if you wear the Chanel as it’s supposed to without the extra chain. It’s a nice bag.

Yeah, I think you’re right. I just might keep it and use it as intended as I don’t have a shoulder bag. And sometimes I can’t always wear a crossbody! A shoulder bag is a staple. It’s just something I don’t wear as much.

Reactions: snibor
Another vote for no chain. I like your bag as it is. The original strap is long enough to wear over shoulder right? I think it’d look cute for short errands and grocery runs.

Yes, I agree with you and you’re right. It is long enough for my shoulder. I think it would be better suited for dinners out for me. I tend to wear cross body when I do my errands.

Reactions: eckw and papertiger
it does look weird with the original strap hanging :-s
but i like the idea of adding a chain for a crossbody! Maybe you should consider getting a better looking aftermarket chain because this particular one makes it look kinda cheap :-\\ and the length is a no for me...

Thank you for your honest opinion. I do appreciate u and everyone taking the time to post. I will keep her as a shoulder bag. [emoji2] the chain looks better in other bags. It actually looks good on my LV Milla!

Reactions: tenyongie